Eazypass-Have I got the facts right?

CCOVICH

Hi all.

Thinking about signing up to Eazypass to avoid some of the congestion on the M50. We have 2 cars, but neither of us use the M50 for commuting, generally at weekends. We also use the Eastlink and M1, so we would get a fair bit of use out of the toll roads.

Are the following correct:

1. The only charge is the €1 (+VAT) per month (is this the total for 2 tags, or is it €1 per tag?)
2. You must pre pay an initial amount of €40.
3. When your credit runs low (i.e. below €12.70), it is automatically topped up with an amount equal to the initial deposit (i.e. €40).
4. Your credit doesn't expire (this is an assumption on my part)
5. You must maintain a minimum balance of €12.70 in your account

Can anyone confirm? It looks like the only cost is the €1 (+VAT) per month, or have I missed something?

The discount appiles to your first six month's tolls? (i.e. from the date you sign up?)

CCOVICH said:
Hi all.

Thinking about signing up to Eazypass to avoid some of the congestion on the M50. We have 2 cars, but neither of us use the M50 for commuting, generally at weekends. We also use the Eastlink and M1, so we would get a fair bit of use out of the toll roads.

Are the following correct:

1. The only charge is the €1 (+VAT) per month (is this the total for 2 tags, or is it €1 per tag?)
1 - 2 tags are covered by the Euro a month according to the EazyPass FAQ.

CCOVICH said:
2. You must pre pay an initial amount of €40.

Correct - although if you sign up for direct debit, they may not take the 40 squid right away. Can't remember what happened when I opened my EazyPass account 2 years ago.

CCOVICH said:
3. When your credit runs low (i.e. below €12.70), it is automatically topped up with an amount equal to the initial deposit (i.e. €40).
Correct. However, you can change the minimum threshold and the topup level by ringing them - so you can estimate your monthly spend and specify this as the topup amount. Mine is €30 as I used to use the Eastlink every day into and sometimes out of work, but now I only use the Westlink at weekends so may reduce it to €20.

Ooops - correction - just checked the FAQ again and see that the minimum amount for the topup is now €40.

CCOVICH said:
4. Your credit doesn't expire (this is an assumption on my part)

I would expect so (or it would be an unpopular service) but can't find anything specifically in the FAQs.

CCOVICH said:
5. You must maintain a minimum balance of €12.70 in your account

This is handled automatically. In fact, my statement appears to show my Eazypass account going into "overdraft" and then being topped up again. The light goes amber when you are low on funds and a topup is requested or pending; it eventually goes red when you have reached zero or whatever the allowed overdraft is, if there is one.

I am open to correction on whether there is an "overdraft" concept or not.

CCOVICH said:
Can anyone confirm? It looks like the only cost is the €1 (+VAT) per month, or have I missed something?

The discount appiles to your first six month's tolls? (i.e. from the date you sign up?)

Yes to both points as far as I know.

The discount should really apply forever, even if it was a smaller discount. After all, as they have your money earning interest in their accounts BEFORE you spend it on tolls!

Note that the offer ends on August 15th!

I see also that they now have 2 Eazypass only lanes on the M50 each way. A good move.

Back