East Wall - Lighthouse apartments

impop

Afternoon all,

I've searched here for posts talking East Wall opinions and results are a bit old now. Different story is Reddit. There are many threads about it and there are all sorts of opinions.

I would like to ask if you think it makes financial sense buying there. My intent is to live there and maybe in a few years rent it out/sell it if life circumstances change. Here's my list of pros and cons:

Pros:
- New big development just next to the apartments. In theory this should increase the perceived value of the area
- Close enough to town, M50 and other amenities.
- Apartment is not ground floor = no flooding risk
- Prices more attractive than some famous surrounding areas like D4

Cons:
- Safety considerations
- Coastal climate changes
- Not much construction happening in the area

The answer would be quite easy for me if we talked about Ringsend, Grand Canal, North wall to mention some I know very well. These areas are in constant development (the amount of cranes there is quite eye-opening). However, the prices there are at a level that are pushing many away.

Thank you

Miquel

My comments

Close to the M50?
If the ground floor floods, the whole block could be at risk
Ask yourself why is the area cheaper the D4

My comments

Close to the M50?
If the ground floor floods, the whole block could be at risk
Ask yourself why is the area cheaper the D4
Thanks jpd. Yes, M50 starts at Dublin port. I can only make a guess on that question and probably safety and supply would be at the top

I would like to ask if you think it makes financial sense buying there. My intent is to live there and maybe in a few years rent it out/sell it if life circumstances change. Here's my list of pros and cons:

12 Speculation about the future of House Prices is temporarily banned
We do not allow any further speculation of house prices other than in this thread:

Will Irish house prices rise or fall?

The reasons for this are explained in this thread:

Discussion of Irish house prices is suspended on Askaboutmoney.

This does not prevent people from making comments in money makeover type posts -"While you will gain if house prices rise over the coming 5 years, if house prices fall, you will be very exposed."
Good luck in your deliberations.

Back