East Midlands Airport and Car Rental

hoopman

Hi folks.
I am flying to East Midlands airport (with Ryanair)in a couple of weeks and plan to hire a car for the four days we are there.
Has anyone travelled through this airport before and also hired a car. If so would you have any suggestions on which hire company to use.
Ideally I would like to be able to book it from here and be able to pick it up direct at the airport.
Anyone any tips on the airport itself.
Thanks in advance

I used Ebookers from Bristol & Stansted recently and they were very competitive. Have a look at their UK & IE sites to check price differences. Don't forget to insure your excess - they offer that insurance also.

Just back last week, flew in Sat morning back Weds night, 5 days
Vauxhall Insigna brand new automatic 09 car, great sat nav.
prepaid for a fill cheaper than filling locally, gave it back with a 1/4 tank so may have not done so well.

Eurocar via arguscarhire.com website.

Tiny airport, 2 mins walk from car hire to car park.

car cost 311 pounds, including a bumped up insurance package and sat nav.

Hi, have rented car at E.Mids few times, used National but which ever is the cheapest on a comparision site i'd go for! Def dont take the pre pay fuel tho, they wanted to charge me 70euro for a full tank, no refund, there's a garage at the airport just as you arrive to drop the car back, it cost me 23pounds to refill tank. Just be sure when you leave the airport that you have your directions correct, if you go the wrong way your onto motorway and its miles and miles and miles to get back again...speaking from experience!!

Check out the AA route planner site to ensure that you have your route planned to wherever you are going.

Back