Easiest way to travel Balbriggan to Clarehall

Janelle77

Hello there,haven't use of a car at moment so wondering if anybody knows easiest way to travel from Balbriggan to Clarehall(near total fitness) as I'll be working there 3 days a week and looking for easiest/quickest way by public transport? If anyone knows how long it takes to walk from Howth Junction to Clarehall would be great too..Thanks

If anyone knows how long it takes to walk from Howth Junction to Clarehall would be great too..Thanks

I'd guess .. at least 30 minutes. I've never walked it (too far :)) but am familiar with the area and it's not 'walk-able', especially when dark.

The 27X bus goes from Connolly Station to Clare Hall.
Have a look [broken link removed] for the timetable, and other Dublin bus services

I believe there is a feeder bus that goes past Clare Hall to the Dart Station. Don't know the number but check with Irish Rail\Dublin bus.

27 is not the best route from Connolly as it does the Coolock "scenic" route prior to getting to Clare Hall. Best bet would be 42 or 43 which go past CH on a direct route from town (42 has a good service).

I certainly wouldn't be walking from Howth Junction in the dark mornings. :eek: And I'm very familiar with the area!
Your best bet is to take the train from Balbriggan to Malahide & then the bus to Clare Hall. Every 42 bus from Malahide passes through Malahide village beside the train station and stops at Tesco Clare Hall.
Likewise on the way back.
HTH

I believe there is a feeder bus that goes past Clare Hall to the Dart Station. Don't know the number but check with Irish Rail\Dublin bus.

Don't think so anymore-used to be served by AerDart, but that was discontinued.

For what its worth I agree with Mo3art. If you can get a train from Balbriggan to Malahide I'd get it and get the 42 outside the station. The 42 is quite regular in the mornings and at least every 20 mins throughout the day. From Malahide to Total Fitness will only take 15-20 mins even at peak times.

You could get the bus to Swords and then get the 43 bus to Clare Hall or Train to Malahide Station and then the 42 to Clare Hall

Helicopter ;)
In the name of god don't be stupid:where would you land a Helli at clarehill in rush hour and besides think of the detour around the airport to keep out of the jets way as you would be cutting straight through to balbriggen you would be quicker on the bus

Back