easiest way to clean windows ?

coleen

Does anyone have good tips to clean windows easly. I must do my windows before Christmas and have quite a few to do inside and out and never seem to get them done without streaks and smears. So I would love to hear any tips. Also how ofter do people clean their windows on average ? Thanks

Vinegar & newspaper. About once a month - but no road frontage so no real mud/splashes etc.

Exactly! The old ones are the best. Remedies that is, not newspapers.

Vinegar & newspaper. About once a month - but no road frontage so no real mud/splashes etc.

I tried the newspaper but found the print got on the white pvc and it was an incredible job to clean.

Definatly go with the vinegar and newspaper, sometimes I use a products called "Method" window wash which I got in Tesco, gives them a lovely shine.

Don't do them nearly often enough and in summer I'm guilty of a quick hose down on the outside. :eek: but I live in the back end of nowhere.

Unless you want to be there till next Christmas, forget about the newspaper idea :p

Go to Woodies or Atlantic Homecare & buy Hagesan window cleaner. This is a link to what it looks like. [broken link removed] Get a squeege & water applicator. If you have paint or stubborn stains, then id recommend getting a window scraper for it. (be careful with the scraper, only use it when the window is wet).

Get some old cloths and cut them up. Wet the window and frame with water applicator, Use one cloth (wet cloth) to wipe around and clean frame, Squeege the window. Now use another cloth (dry cloth) to dry off any excess water on window, go around edges of window and remove smears etc...

Unless you want to be there till next Christmas, forget about the newspaper idea :p

Go to Woodies or Atlantic Homecare & buy Hagesan window cleaner. This is a link to what it looks like. [broken link removed] Get a squeege & water applicator. If you have paint or stubborn stains, then id recommend getting a window scraper for it. (be careful with the scraper, only use it when the window is wet).

Get some old cloths and cut them up. Wet the window and frame with water applicator, Use one cloth (wet cloth) to wipe around and clean frame, Squeege the window. Now use another cloth (dry cloth) to dry off any excess water on window, go around edges of window and remove smears etc...

Wow - spoken like a true professional! Can you come and do mine?? I generally go the lazy route of a quick wipe with a cloth soaked in water with vinegar and a drop of washing up liquid, followed by the old newspaper trick.

When I was cleaning windows some years ago I used to use fairy liquid in the water but the manufacturers changed the ingredients and it never worked as well after.

There is a type of pill you can get from a window cleaning supply company in the city beside Busarus. What you do is put it into the water and it is supposed to help when using a squeege.

As much as I love my work I'll always miss not doing window cleaning, it's probably my favourite ever job.

Don't forget to wear rubber gloves because the cold will kill your hands.

I think officially that counts as some sort of masochistic fetish S.L.F.

Really...I loved it!!!

I got paid every half hour.

I have never been as fit as I was back then even though I smoked, drank every night and ate very badly.

Great days!

Problem was when it came to getting a mortgage no mortgage lender is going to lend to a window cleaner unless they have a lot of things which I didn't have so I had to go and get a job.

Although every now and then I put my rubber gloves on and.....oh boy look out dirt on windows.

Back