Earplugs

B

bluebean

Hi all,

I'm sure there was a thread on this before but can't seem to find it.
Anyway, what are the best earplugs available, and where can I get them? Going away for a weekend soon, sharing a room with a snorer and am likely to get very cranky if I dont get any sleep!
Best advice? And getting drunk and conking out is not an option, not that sort of a weekend....

Thanks!

BB,
I tend to use the foam earplugs as opposed to the wax type, you roll them in your fingers to soften them and insert them into your ear, not too far mind. They gently expand and block out quite a lot of noise, Mrs bear is a bit of a snorer and this provides the necessary quiteness to nod off. Have used them on flights as well. Lasts about a month. Get a 3 pair pack in Boots.

Thanks Stobear. Unfortunately, the person I am going with is more than 'a bit' of a snorer - sounds more like planes landing at heathrow airport at times!
What do workers use in factories to block out the noise of the machines? Is it the foam ones, or do factories have special super duper ones? I tried the wax ones before, they felt very strange in my ear and didn't seem to work...
Thanks!

Not sure what factory workers use, but these are worth a try, if I slept on a plane and didn't hear one annoucement from the flight deck then they are doing something.

Right, will give them a try. Is there a brand name on them or are they the only 3 pack of foam ones in boots? thanks Stobear, will let you know how I get on :)

I think they are the Boots brand, about 3Euro (I think) for the 3 pairs.

Factories tend to use foam I have used them for years even in a glass foundry (>150 dB) and they really are very good

Just wondering, how does going to sleep with a small piece of foam shoved into your ear sit with the old saying "you should never stick anything smaller than your elbow into your ear"??:)

Hi Bluebean,

This is probably the thread that you are referring to which contains the info. re. earplugs

The ones referred to are [broken link removed] I've tried many different types because of noisy neighbours and have found these to be the best from the comfortable to use/possible to sleep aspect.

Back