Eagle Star - No Claims Cert

Lorz

I have had my car insurance policy with Eagle Star for ~3yrs now. It's up for renewal soon and in the renewal docs, they have quoted 3yrs no claims however I have 5+yrs. I called yesterday to see if anything better could be done on the premium - which TBH I thought was quite competitive - ~€540 - I would have accepted a discount of €40. Anyway, I was informed that they could not give a discount without good reason! So I obtained 2 No. quotes on-line €395 Hibernian & €343 Axa - saving of €200! So I called back this morning to see if they could match the premium - they didn't even try! So I asked for a new Cert of no claims to be forwarded and was told -

We can only confirm the details of your policy with us.
We cannot issue a new NCC
We can only vouch for the years you held a policy with us but if your new insurer has a problem they can call us and we can confirm that you have 5+yrs but we can't confirm in writing!
Asked to speak to supervisor - he's on a call - I'll hold - cannot hold up the line!

When I originally took out my policy with Eagle Star I forwarded my NCC from my previous insurers which IMO would then be added to my policy with my new insurer - Eagle Star. But apparently not!

It should state on your NCC that you have XX years accident free driving with them AND XX years accident free driving else where.

On my NCC it states that I have 5 years NCB applied to my policy with 1 year accident free with Allianz and that my actual accident free record is 17 years. I changed to Allianz after their quote was only €5 dearer for comp than Eagle Star were quoting for TPF&T!!

Send the NCC that you have to Hibernian/Axa with a note explaining your problem and get them to contact Eagle Star. Don't stick with Eagle Star if you're not happy - especially after the treatment you describe. Sounds like they are making it awkward for you to move, so that you'll stay!

Back