EA didn't pass on our offer.

homecoming

We made an offer for a property 6 months ago. It went Sale Agreed at a higher price but subsequently fell through. They currently have an offer at 20k less than our offer and since we have just found this out we will put the offer in again tomorrow. The EA doesn't seem keen or interested in completing this sale with us in mind and didn't pass on our offer initially. Would anyone have an thoughts on this. I would love to contact the owner myself and make the offer, I wondered is there anything underlying that I am not aware of. It's a commercial property and we have done all the searches and know it will be possible to convert it to residential. The EA said last time he didn't want the hassle of this and just wanted to sell it. Surely the hassle is all ours, he knows the person who will act for us on the conversion to residential since he gave us her details and she certainly knows her trade. Thank you

So is your offer simply a straight forward offer to buy the commercial property or something else?

Simply a straight forward offer to buy the property, we will do the rest after that. We are confident it can be converted and had engaged a professional to do the work for us. It's straight forward to us, just can't get them to take our money.

The EA doesn't seem keen or interested in completing this sale with us in mind and didn't pass on our offer initially. Would anyone have an thoughts on this.

Do you have the cash to buy this property ?

If not, do you have loan approval to buy a commercial property and convert it into a house ?

Yes it's a cash deal, we thought about it and also have a Commercial loan if we want to use it. 55k over the asking price. One of my issues is that I believed the EA has to make the vendor aware of all offers on the table. It's a point I will discuss with him tomorrow. We have been searching for a property for a few years now and feel we have a handle on what's required. I was interested if there was anything we might have been missing. Thanks for all your comments.

The EA does not have to pass on offers to the Vendor once the thing is sale agreed. Especially when they are lower than the sale agreed price. Do not contact the vendor directly - if they wanted to talk directly to people they would not have employed an EA.
Get your solicitor to put in the offer this time? Tell them not to mention you are the purchaser and change the bid amount to slightly higher than the 20k below asking i.e. 15k below asking.

Thanks Kmick, I asked him today why he didn't come back to me after the house sale fell through, surely any other interested parties would be of value to the vendor particularly as we offered well over the asking price and he said that he 'forgot' and that it's still on the table. I think it just comes down to some EA's are better than others. When it comes to buying/selling a property I am learning my own experience that there are some really good EA's out there and some are quite frankly crap. Thanks everyone.

Back