EA cashed cheque for "gazumped Apt"!

bubbasmama

As I have gained so much info from this site, I thought I should share this with another other FTB's who hopefully have more sense than myself.In March we paid a booking deposit for a new apartment, 3 weeks later when we went to check where the contracts were and why the cheque was not cashed, we were informed the next day that the developer was keeping the apartment. After much tears and pleading , the EA said he would speak to developer and ring us back on Mon. We never heard from him and went sale agreed again, so put it out of our minds. When the next sale fell through, (two weeks ago), we received the new booking deposit cheque back, then received a statement from the bank to say that the apartment cheque had just been cashed !!Now, I know we should have asked for the cheque back or I should have cancelled it, but when Husband rang the EA , he actually got really angry with my husband and said we would be getting a property from them and thats why they cashed it, When my Husband pointed out that we had not heard from him since March 16th, he said that was because the developer had not rang him back yet ...So, again I know we should have cancellled it, and I hope no-one else ends up being sale agreed this many times, but watch your deposit cheques.

Back