EA asking for our home address after we made an offer on a house

Eireog007

My wife and I have made an offer on a house we viewed this weekend and the EA has asked for our home address and the condition of the offer. I understand them wanting to know what the condition of our offer is but why is our home address relevant, no other EA has asked us for this info before.

Well that's unusual then. Perhaps remind them you're renting and you will furnish address and solicitor details if your offer is accepted. Plus perhaps they have been told before little fibs and they want to make sure you don't have a property to sell. Though would make more sense to look for mortgage approval info

Well that's unusual then. Perhaps remind them you're renting and you will furnish address and solicitor details if your offer is accepted. Plus perhaps they have been told before little fibs and they want to make sure you don't have a property to sell. Though would make more sense to look for mortgage approval info

Yeah that’s what I was thinking I just wanted to check if there was something that I was missing I guess.

They are probably just creating a file on the case and the bidder's address is part of that. And if you're renting, who cares who knows your landlords address?

Next time you get a pop up on a website where you have to accept cookies, have a look at all the companies you will be sharing your data with. Giving an estate agent your address is small potatoes.

Maybe they want to send you a letter acknowledging your offer or to have a record of the offer if questioned by another bidder?

Is the offer made in good faith ? if yes then I wouldn't be too concerned about giving my address.

Ok guys I don’t have an issue giving out my address at all and our offer is in good faith, I simply hadn’t come across this before and wanted to ask the question.

Not everyone is on the internet, but even if they had an email address, i'd have no problem giving my home address.

Back