E-ticket change date

S

sullyck

Brother went to work in the carribean for a company here in ireland. they paid for his ticket return. He was not given correct info on the job and the work they expected him to do. He wants to come home the ticket is in his name is he ok to change the ticket himself or does he have to contact the company thaat sent him there.

I'd guess yes ... often in my experience if the ticket is booked via a travel agent the airline won't want to change it before you've flown the first segment - they'll refer you back to the travel agent for any chagnes ... but given your brother has presumably already flown the outbound leg then if he has the booking reference and all that he can contact the airline and see ... worst they can do is say no (of course if there's any change fee he would presumably have to pay that)

It depends on the airline and ticket class. Some tickets allow for 1 free change, others charge a fee plus any difference in ticket price, etc etc... There is no single answer. Its best to ring the airline first,and if they can't help try the travel agent.

I would second calling the airline and asking what the story is, thats where he will get all the info from.

So, the company sent him there to do work, but his expectations and their promises and the reality didn't match and he wants to come home ?

Apart from the ticketing issue, he needs to talk to the company that sent him there *anyway* and explain why he's leaving and work out what's going to happen when he doesn't turn up for work one morning.

Once that has been addressed then the ticketing issue may be sorted. If the company agree with the basis for his complaint then they may well take care of sorting out the ticket, but if they don't agree and wany him to stay then he may be on his own in terms of the rebooking.

z

Back