e-lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fintano123

Does anyone know about the e-lottery scheme? They claim to be a sydicate for UK and Euro lotteries but sound more like pyramid scheme.
They produce an expensive DVD to advertise the concept, so obviously somebody is making money.
The idea is to set up syndicates of 49 (for UK) or 36 (for Euromillions) and greatly increase the chance of winning. The person who starts the syndicate gets a percentage of everything that all other members contribute.

fintano123 said:
The idea is to set up syndicates of 49 (for UK) or 36 (for Euromillions) and greatly increase the chance of winning.
The increased chance of winning is cancelled out by the reduced winnings (when you divide up your winnings among the syndicate). Why not just play the Irish lotto instead of the Euro lotto - you've a greater chance of winning (because the number of players is much smaller) but the jackpot is correspondingly lower.

I have been involved in this business for a while now, and it is far from a scam. Our syndicate has produced many winners, and some people are earning full time incomes from building large teams with this business. When people dont understand things they are quick to judge them. I suppose its natural. But this business will be about for many years to come.

Hi Bobboy - Please do explain to the ignorami here in AAM how this works. Please explain how anyone can add enough value to a simple sydication exercise to generate a full-time income? Please explain the maths of how your winning chances are diluted by the number of members in the scheme?

You pay £5 a week for to play the english lottery. You are given 2 lines and are part of a 49 syndicate. If you introduce people to play also, you recieve commission on a monthly basis. We have had some great wins. It increases your chances of winning a prize. Yes the prize must be divided, but people are winning 5,5, and 7 grand, and also some major prizes. Your are also guaranteed the 6th ball and the bonus ball. Some people have teams with thousands of players and are earning between 10 and 20 grand a month. Plenty people have smaller teams and earns hundrers of euro a month. Its a very system and its becoming very popular.

Hi Bobboy - Please explain further what you mean by 'are also guaranteed the 6th ball and the bonus ball'. Please clarify when you say that 'people are winning 5 grand or 7 grand', are you referring to this amount as a syndicate win or individual wins.

The UK lottery is normally £1 per line - so with your system, you are getting 2 lines in 2 draws. I presume the other £1 is going fund the commissions and 'full time incomes' that you mention. This is an immediate 25% fee on your investment - In paying this fee, you have just reduced your chances of winning by 20%. You could increase your chances of winning by simply playing the extra £1 to buy an extra line instead of paying out this in fees.

Your quoted '10 to 20 grand a month' isn't really all that impressive for teams of 'thousands of players', as it equates to £10 or £20 per person per month (or less if more than 1000 players). And this is for a payout of £20-£25 per month! I'm not clear at all why you think this is a great system.

Your syndicate of 50 players each playing £2 per draw gives you 100 lines. The quoted odds for winning are as follows;
Jackpot, Match 6 main numbers 1 in 13,983,816 £2,000,000
Match 5 main numbers + the bonus 1 in 2,330,636 £100,000
Match 5 main numbers 1 in 55,492 £1,500
Match 4 main numbers 1 in 1,033 £60
Match 3 main numbers 1 in 57 £10

Your quoted win figures would seem to indicate that any team winning regular prizes of 5 grand is extremely lucky.

Sounds like a scam to me. They claim you join a 49 player "syndicate", but that's so each of you in the pod gets a unique number between 1 & 49 and shares the other 5. Duh, amazing system they have there. So it might reduce the odds of winning but it also cuts your winnings by 1/49th. Great. So what we have here is a system where you statistically no more likely to win than if you bought £49 tickets of your own. Well actually, you are as we'll see.

Secondly, this whole business of £5 for entry into 2 draws. At a pound a line, where does the other £3 (x49 players) go? And then there's a £4.99 fee for joining.

So your £2 gives you the thrilling chance to win 1/49th of what you'd win by yourself and the remaining £3 disappears as if by magic. Methinks you'd be two and a half times more likely to win if you just bought £5 of tickets, or £50 of tickets every 10 weeks.

Worse yet, the real "product" is that tab at the top saying "business opportunity". After a bit of searching we see it is nothing but an MLM and part of that £3 is given to the tiers above you and the rest is the skim. I wonder how large a 7 deep pyramid with 49 players in each syndicate is anyway... I wonder if I recruit someone who recruits someone, does that count as two layers beneath me, or do I have to wait for the whole row to fill up as in most matrix schemes... I wonder how many people would you need to recruit to recoup just that £3 you're losing each week. Would it be a surprise if the scheme's founder + buddies occupied the top niches in this scam, er I mean scheme? Questions, questions...

Like most MLMs it's dressed up as an amazing product, but it costs more money than you could just buy it for in any shop. Instead of being a "smarter way to play", it seems like a mugs game. It's no wonder the whole site is dressed up like a page from a tabloid. The sparkly graphics certainly convinced me.

I would certainly advise that people think long and hard before 'investing' in such a scheme. If the amounts invloved are significant, it may be prudent to seek professional advice on the matter.

If you introduce 5 people to play, then your are in effect playing for free. I have done this. I am now playing the uk lotto and the euro millions lotto for free! There is no hidden secrets. You have a higher chance of winning a prize in the uk lotto and the euro millions lotto. Yes, the business is marketed through Network Marketing. This is perfectly legal, and has been around for over 30 years.

Yes, you have to share the prize with a syndicate of 49. But sure if your playing for free, why is this a negative thing? It's not! Example. A syndicate won £171,000 on the uk lotto. They each got £3500! And they didint even have to pay for their tickets!

I think it's a great system! You will always have your skeptics who claim everything is scam. But the only people involved in this syndicate are people who actually sign up. They agree to sign up and are happy to recommend it to 5 people and play for free. Believe it or not, there are many people playing who are happy to pay and not bother introducing others!

When you look at this with an open mind and see the facts, there is nothing to fear. It's actually a great success so far, there are hundreds of thousands of people who have signed up from more than 130 countries!

Easy to say scam, but harder to look at something without putting it down.

CCOVICH said:
I would certainly advise that people think long and hard before 'investing' in such a scheme. If the amounts invloved are significant, it may be prudent to seek professional advice on the matter.

I play the uk lotto and the euro millions lotto for a cost of zero a week!

bobboy said:
Yes, the business is marketed through Network Marketing. This is perfectly legal, and has been around for over 30 years.
The UK National Lottery was only established in 1994!

ClubMan said:
The UK National Lottery was only established in 1994!

I am referring to "Network Marketing" being around for over 30 years.

DrMoriarty said:
A quick Google for throws up lots of interesting links...
I see is an old hand at [broken link removed]. Must be his 'success-driven personality'...

I suppose I'm just as narrow-minded as these guys?

bobboy, if you keep promoting this scheme you will be banned.

DrMoriarty said:
I see is an old hand at [broken link removed]. Must be his 'success-driven personality'...

bobboy, if you keep promoting this scheme you will be banned.

Tom Brodie has nothing to do with this. Your google search may have thrown up information about Tom Brodie and Global Lotto, which is nothing to do with Virtual World Direct. So you shouldnt always relay on the first thing you read on a google search, as you can as proven end up with incorrect information and be totally mis-informed.

There is no mis-guided information on this thread from me. But there is from you. And that is a fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back