e-flow charges

safety1st.co

hello, I've just heard today that i owe e-flow over E300 for charges dating back to December and April. i originally forgot to pay the E3 charge, then i received the additional E3 charge so i paid the E6 fine. but i received a letter some weeks later with a E40 charge. i thought this was an oversight as i had the receipts and original extra charge letters but then i got a solicitors letter saying i now owe E146 per by two!!! Apr and Dec. i was talking to the solicitors today and they want the money over two or three payments. i said i didn't have it but was willing to pay E10 a week. didn't go down well. what is my position, they want to start court proceedings... do i have a leg to stand on or should i cough up??

Did you actually make the trips that you are being charged for? I only ask because I've been charged umpteen times for the same trip (which was paid in advance). After several threatening letters from them and a phone call from me to tell them to take me to court (I had the receipts), I soon afterwards got a letter telling me that my account was 'now settled'. Sorted.

Does anyone know if there have been any successful prosecutions for failure to pay a toll in the manner described by the OP? The outcomes of such cases and the way in which they were argued might help inform this?

Regarding this particular case, it would appear that the OP did not challenge the letter demanding the €40 penalty charge and it has simply progressed.

I would say that if the date and location where the €6 initial late penalty plus toll was paid could be established and told to the solicitors, then that might help? It seems tho that an admission of liability has been made via the offer to pay at €10 a week. I'd suggest if it hasn't happened already that the OP have a word with the free legal advice service to see what they think of what's happened and how to take it forward. If there is evidence of payment at the €6 stage, then why offer to pay the (ridiculous) €300 charge at all... the OP is not liable.

On a separate but related note, who else believes that the €3 each way charge is excessive, the deadlines for payment arbitrary and the system of penalties draconian? The convenience of not having to stop at the bridge is all but done away with by the payment system.

thanks for the info... i did actually make the journeys, but completely forgot to pay the toll. when i got the letter i had 14 days to pay the extra E3 charge... again i forgot to do this within the 14 days but i did pay the E6 on day 15 on both occasions. i do accept the fact i did not take this entirely serious and did not give it top priority. i do feel it's a little excessive and draconian approach in these days of the big R!! would a judge take this seriously!!

if you paid the E6 in time, how is the rest valid?

when i got the letter i had 14 days to pay the extra E3 charge... again i forgot to do this within the 14 days but i did pay the E6 on day 15 on both occasions.

The fine was paid too late so their billing system had already moved onto the next fine.

i received a letter some weeks later with a E40 charge. i thought this was an oversight as i had the receipts and original extra charge letters

eFlow wrote to him telling him about the new fine but he didn't pay it.

Your assuming it wasn't paid. I had experience of fining me for tolls I'd paid already.

You should call Eflow and explain it to one of the customer service people. I have a tag that comes out of my account through my laser card, but awhile ago I lost my laser so i had to order a new one and i forgot to change the details with them..
Then i got loads of bills all of a sudden with €50 fines on them all. I rang them and explained the situation, and changed my details and they then agreed to drop the fines.
I know it's slightly different but at the end of the day it was my fault that i hadnt given them my new details and i think mine was over 15days! plus i'd about 8 trips on it! But they did agree to drop all the fines when i paid.
You should just say you didn't get the original letters and you paid as soon as you realised and you dont have the money to pay them kind of fines because they're not realistic and you did pay the €6 eventually! I wouldn't even give them ten a week!

Hi ALL: wonder if you could answer my question seeing as i cant seem to get easy pass/e-flow 'customer services' to answer my call.

Before i got my tag, i travel from main M1 toll into Drogheda (north bound) do my shopping within 1-2hrs and then pass through toll on the slip road going north again. I use to had the cashier the reciept from the 1st tool charge (he/she would scan it) and they told me there is no charge for going in same direction within 2hrs (i think)

When i got the tag i just presumed it was the same rules. This morning i had a look at my recent statement and i have been charged each time.

Is this correct or have i been over charged?

In a similar situation to you. Forgot to pay the origional charge plus the 6 eurox2 fine a week later. Aprox 3 week later i received two 45 euro fines. I then paid the two 6 euro fines and hoped they would accept the late payment and leave it at that, however 6 weeks later i received a solicitors letter looking for 152euro for the north bound trip plus 34 for the south bound trip. The way they got to this figure was they took the 12euro i paid off the south bound journey and froze the fine while allowing the north bound journey to accumulate more interest.
Aparently all this is above board and covered in the small print. I have rang the solicitors and offered to pay the two 45euro fines but they are having none of it. Its all or nothing as far as they are concerned they want the 152 plus 34.
But is it worth going to court?

Back