e-flow Bill - mistake?

thanks for that but I do not have a tag and I did miss payment on some tolls I do try I and pay when I use it but I have forgot about it at other times and I wont pay them that amount of money as penalty its just ridiculas

can anyone tell me the name of the solicitors in charge of unpaid fines from eflow????

the name of the solicitors is Pierse & Fitzgibbon Solicitors, in Kerry and their number is 0818 313100... any guesses as to how i know this?? and i dont work for them but we all payin them

thanks maybe ill jus ring up an complain for a while maybe twice a day every time i use the bridge and why do they have soliciters based in kerry

My nephew received a demand for payment stating he had used the Toll. When my sister rang them to tell them that on the date they were charging for the car had been scrapped and tax office duly notified.
They didnt want to know and sent her another letter. So she requested evidence that the car had gone through the toll.
She has heard nothing since :rolleyes:

Nu.

i was thinking about going to a solicitor about being charged by e-flow for trips that i paid for (have the bank statement to prove this),it might even be illegal for them to be charging us like this,im sure id be in trouble if i sent out bills to people for no reason other then my own mistake.any thoughts ?

Im sure if you call there call centre they will sort this out for ya. If its on your statement then you paid. I have found dem to be really nice and helpful so im sure they can fix this.

It has happened to me a couple of times; being charged for journeys I never took; I almost never am on the M50.

I went to the eflow website and disputed it in both cases and I never heard another thing about it. Hopefully that is the end of it and I am not going to receive a hefty fine in the post some day

but they shouldnt be making these mistakes so often,i heard somewere that keeping improper records is illegal. they want 90 odd euro from me i think they should give me 90 in compensation

toll charge

I was told that I missed 5-6 six M50 toll payment from eflow UK processing party(epcplc). I initially rang epcplc to inform them that I have paid for those journeys, I was told to send them the proof, and then I was given the numbers of eflow solicitors in Ireland to clarify with them. I rang eflow solicitors, surprisingly I was given another bill(unpaid toll charge + penalties) with slightly different journeys(two journeys were different). When I queried about the differences of my unpaid record, my call was transferred to eflows to check my record. I was told my account was cleared with them, all the unpaid journeys were passed on to the solicitors, they could not see anything on their system, I needed to ring their solicitors. I explained that I already spoke to the solicitors and this call was transferred from them. Then eflow gave me the UK epcplc number. I explained that I spoke to epcplc at the very first stage..Then eflow said there was nothing on their record, whatever I owe should be with their solicitors and UK party. Apart from my mobile bill has hit the roof at this point, I was deeply frustrated.

Two penalty letters arrived at my UK address while I was on holiday with family. If I just got one letter with 3+3 penalties, I would have just paid for it to save the arguments. However, the second letter arrived with £219.29, I just could not keep the peace in mind any more.

I faxed my bank statements to eflow solicitors, and also send a copy to UK epcplc. This morning the solicitors rang to say I still owe them journeys as the fund wasn't sufficient, and did not pay on time. I told them that the payment was actually done in advance if they have a look at the date on my transactions. They then asked for the last 4 digits number on the payment card, which is clearly showing on each transaction as well! In the end, they said they are going to do more investigations..... I feel rather speechless.

I find the way of payment to M50 is quite ambiguous and not efficient. I have been on M6 toll road in the UK and other motoways in other countries. They all have got barriers to stop you before you physically pay the charge. I have nothing against the toll charge or Ireland, I am very happy to pay for what I use, but in my opinion this online payment is quite messy, and it seems to trick people into big penalties very easily, especially for those who are traveling abroad or in a hurry to get to airport. The online payment method did not give options to pick which journey to pay for. It is quite difficult when there is dispute case arises, I had to think really hard as when I travelled through M50 toll in the last three months.

I don't know what is going to happen next, but the solicitors did not sound slightly apologetic, and it seems that they can never make any mistakes!

I find the way of payment to M50 is quite ambiguous and not efficient. I have been on M6 toll road in the UK and other motoways in other countries. They all have got barriers to stop you before you physically pay the charge. I have nothing against the toll charge or Ireland, I am very happy to pay for what I use, but in my opinion this online payment is quite messy, and it seems to trick people into big penalties very easily, especially for those who are traveling abroad or in a hurry to get to airport. The online payment method did not give options to pick which journey to pay for. It is quite difficult when there is dispute case arises, I had to think really hard as when I travelled through M50 toll in the last three months.

The whole thing about the Westlink toll on the M50 is that they removed the barriers a number of years ago. This has meant that the M50 actually moves and it has slashed journey times. While it's inconvenient to pay as a casual user, for frequent users with tags, the improvement is massive.

The whole thing about the Westlink toll on the M50 is that they removed the barriers a number of years ago. This has meant that the M50 actually moves and it has slashed journey times. While it's inconvenient to pay as a casual user, for frequent users with tags, the improvement is massive.

Agreed, no one wants to go back to the barriers.

For casual users like myself, just set up a video account. No upfront or monthly fees, and €2.50 per passage, and no more worries about forgetting to pay.

This has meant that the M50 actually moves and it has slashed journey times. While it's inconvenient to pay as a casual user, for frequent users with tags, the improvement is massive.

The traffic in Ireland is the least busy I've seen. I'm originally from China. I've seen far more busier roads than M50, but still with barriers. Even M6 in the UK is many times busier than M50.Those roads with barriers are still in operation. Because of this online payment and the high tech recognition of number plates, it probably has caused even more chaos. If you read all the posts, it is not difficult to realise the tags are not that convenient either. It might be a good move in terms of traffic flow, but I wouldn't call it "massive improvement" at all. Shouldn't "frequent users" be treated same as "casual user"?

The traffic in Ireland is the least busy I've seen. I'm originally from China. I've seen far more busier roads than M50, but still with barriers.

So you don't remember how bad it was and how long the tail-backs were with the barriers in place? It just didn't work.

I don't know how bad it was as I wasn't in Ireland then. My point is this new system is really not good. I feel that they used a worse system to replace a bad system. You haven't experienced what I went through. I can't imagine the tail-backs I could have experienced is worse than time and frustration I'm spending now.

I don't know how bad it was as I wasn't in Ireland then. My point is this new system is really not good. I feel that they used a worse system to replace a bad system. You haven't experienced what I went through. I can't imagine the tail-backs I could have experienced is worse than time and frustration I'm spending now.

You obviously have no experience what so ever of the M50 prior to barrier free tolls. It was an absolute nightmare and caused the majority of the motorway to become a semi-permanent carpark between certain hours.

The new system, while it has its faults, is so much better than the previous situation. Its fairly simple to use too. If you pass through the "toll" on the M50, you must pay for this crossing before 8pm the following day in selected shops, petrol stations and online. You can also register your car and you will be billed monthly at a reduced rate. You can also purchase a tag and this gives an even better discount.

RonanC: I am fully aware as how to pay the toll. If you read my story. You should know what is happening. There is no need to waste so many words telling me the rules. My opinion is mine. You don't need to agree with me.

RonanC: I am fully aware as how to pay the toll. If you read my story. You should know what is happening. There is no need to waste so many words telling me the rules. My opinion is mine. You don't need to agree with me.

I'm giving you my opinion, which is more or less the same as everyone else who has replied to you.

I've been caught out many times by forgetting to pay on time, my own fault, I paid the penalty and got on with it. It seems that you have issues with pre-paying for trips and the system not matching these payments to the trips you took afterwards. They have said that they will be looking into this for you and this sounds pretty reasonable. From experience of using the M50 everyday and having the odd issue with the toll that was beyond my control, the company who look after the payments has always resolved any issues for me.

Back