DVD recorders with Hard disk

MonsieurBond said:
LG have a good value

I looked at this one, downloaded the manual, and it seems to tick all the boxes.

I've never heard of LG. Anyone here have a view of them ? I Google-d for reviews of the RH7900 and found no useful (English language) ones.

Plenty of advice available in the forums on [broken link removed], as was recommended to me by another member of this board a while back.
Leo

Dixons/Currys (Jervis st. at least) have the RH7500, lower spec model, at €319, if I remember from last week.

Leo said:
Plenty of advice available in the forums on [broken link removed], as was recommended to me by another member of this board a while back.
Leo

Thanks .. but I couldn't find anything posted there for the LG RH-7900.

I've been trying to buy the LG RH7500 for the last couple of weeks from Dixons/Currys but it's always out of stock.

Has anyone bought from this website Komplett.ie before? Are they reputable?

Also what would you use a DV-out for an a Harddisk/DVD writer? The DV-in is ideal for transferring camcorder DV tapes onto DVD's, but I can't see what you would use the DVout would be.

In case its of interest I bought a Phillips hard disk recorder and after autostoring the channels I could not then do a manual store or a programme sort. The set up function was greyed out and help desks etc could not figure out what was wrong even after restoring factory settings. When I arranged a replacement on the advise of Phillips the second machine had the same problem. I got my money back but I don't trust the brand as a result.

Are there are genuine users of Pixmania as the Sony hard drive HX710 is the best price I can find. I was told there was a recent radio programme about a website based in France(?). The European consumer affairs dept had received complaints about difficulties getting credits for faulty goods. Can anyone confirm. Was this Pixmania.

At least I could return both faulty Philips Dvd hard disk recorders to the local shop.

You'll probably find more info about specific online sellers on boards.ie or avforums.com

If I was increasing my budget to a Sony, I'd also start to consider Kiss, e.g:

Especially if you have a broadband connection, as you get an online EPG (electronic program guide), web radio stations & the ability to copy from the HD to other machines on your network (i.e. home PC), without the need to burn a DVD.

I'm a "genuine Pixmania user" who has purchased the Sony 710. I find it a great machine. Not everyone will agree with me. What I believe everyone will accept is that it is a simple and innovative machine to use with great features. ( I for one find the facility to be able to time a recording without switching the machine off a godsend as you can continue to watch recordings already on the hard drive)

As regards Pixmania themselves, well, I've never had a problem with them but others have. But no supplier is going to be perfect. They are, however, not fly by nights and provide great value compared to most other stores.

Hi All,

I bought the Philips last week from D.I.D. The menu system is really bad and it's difficult to set up. Also, not like Sky you cannot record a program and watch a live program and then use the features such as pause on the live program.

Has anybody else bought a good dvd recorder with Hard disk over the last couple of weeks? What's the best shopt to buy them in? don't want to use pixmania in case I want to send it back!

doberden said:
you cannot record a program and watch a live program and then use the features such as pause on the live program.

If you're doing this, then effectively you're trying to record two different channels at the same time. AFAIK no model recorder will do this for you as they only have one tuner.

Has anyone found a DVD Recoder with Hard Disk that can be made multi-region? I have a lot of Region DVDs that I want to be able to use after I upgrade!

Can anyone recommend a website other than pixmania.com and komplett.ie for purchases of DVD recorders or even LCD TVs..

The other options i have seen posted here like Dixons and DID are not very helpful (incomplete information rE spec and prices)...

any thoughts appreciated!

Back