DVD Players in Cork

N

ninsaga

Hi,
Yep its finally time to feck out the betamax video and get wanna dem new fangled DVD player yokes.

Anyone aware of a good deal on these in the Cork area - I am looking for a multi region version though.

Saw one on richesounds.ie for 79 yo-yo's plus 10 yoyo delivery - am guessing that there must be a more reasonably priced one than that around. (richersounds closed up shop here some time back)

..and no we do not have DID electrical or Power city here either.

..would welcome Your inputs

ninsaga

Come up to Dublin to watch the Cork - Antrim game and get your DVD Player in Powercity beforehand!

..not a bad idea - it would be one hell of an expensive DVD player all the same Joe

For what it's worth...

I bought a cheap and cheerful Yamada DVD-2600 multi-region player on Amazon for c. €50 including VAT, delivery and CC forex charges:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000ESXJP/qid=1090514888/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_2_6/026-9842683-3158062 (www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obi...83-3158062)

I actually got a second one free because it seemed like the first shipment got lost and it turned up after they sent me a replacement (and they told me to keep it anyway! :) ). Mind you I had to open up the second one and reattach a ribbon cable that had come loose from the DVD's optical unit before it would work but who cares...

Marx Computers in Dublin (Fairview) are doing a special on Ronin DVD players for €50 this week:

[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

Richersounds indeed did close down but MunsterSounds now operates from the same location!

Really, if you all you want is a cehap and cheerful multi region you have loads fo choice. Dunnes and Tescos usually have them in stock. Flor Griffin, Maddens, Soundstore etc etc.

I see that Marx Computers are now doing the Yamada 2600 DVD player that I mentioned earlier for €58 (including VAT) which is in or around (maybe slightly dearer) than it would cost from Amazon.co.uk (including VAT, delivery and credit card forex charges).

[broken link removed]

Xtravision

Xtravision have a DVD player for €79 plus receive €50 in rental vouchers.

If you use pigsback.com you get €80 in vouchers - effectively free.

Not sure if it's multi region out of the box but most seem to have hacks anyway.

Re: Xtravision

Thanks folks - spotted the Pigsback offer - looks good.

ninsaga

> If you use pigsback.com you get €80 in vouchers - effectively free.

I wouldn't see it that way myself but there you go. It's like saying you bought a pair of shoes for €50 instead of €100 and so "saved" €50... :\

I checked out the Pigsback DVD on some UK sites where it retails for about £60 ie €100 approx - so even without the 'free' DVD rental - it is still not half bad.

I wouldn't compare it to buying shoes though as there is a alot more visibility on product prices for consumer goods.
ninsaga

That trip to the hurling would have been a wasted journey, although you might have gotten some free sliotars!
Roches Stores in Dublin are selling a DVD player for €60, so perhaps their Cork store is doing likewise.
Besides that, Argos have ones for under €60 as well.

Back