Duty on $170 item on ebay from US?

gramlab

Have not bought from the US site before so how much could i be caught for if i buy this item and how is it paid etc ?

Probably a silly question but .........

Totally depends on what the item is. There are many different rates of duty, including 0%. As for paying it, the customs officials will let you know the various methods if they intercept the item and contact you

ive bought loadsa stuff from ebay in america and havent been hit for duty once - from underwear, jeans, digital cameras..........dont think they really give a crap at the customs in ireland for small amounts, too much hasstle for them.............so id say, expect not to have to pay it and if u do it cant be more than 20 odd percent............

Hi,
I bought a cleveland golf club valued at $200. The sender put its value at $100 on the customs thing that's stuck on alongside the stamps! I received a postcard saying from some crowd in blanchardstown I think saying they had the item and would deliver it when I paid the duty due which was about 20 euro I believe. Hope thats some use to you.
nbc

Back