Dunnes Stores "Value Card": When are vouchers due out?

jasonr

Has anyone received Dunnes Stores Value vouchers recently or do you know when they are due out?

Re: dunnes stores Value Card

No I havent received some in a while actually and was wondering the same myself!

I rang and was told they were due in August but they couldn't give a date. I'm excepting around 160 in vouchers from the 25% back offer so hopefully wil get them soon.

I spoke to them yesterday...they told me August too..didn't say quite when though...

They told my Mam recently that they put it back by two months in order to do it before the back-to-school buy instead of early Summer...

This all sounds dodgy to me, were'nt they supposed to issue them every 4 months. They probably waiting until the sale is finished before issuing them. Bad form me thinks!!!

Received mine yesterday !

I posted on this last year because months went by and I got no vouchers. As my wife shops all the time in Dunnes we were due a lot. Ringing their helpline wasn't very assuring as the replies were in line with whats above. When they eventually came they were much much less than we'd expected. We bought wine in their 25% promotion last year and these alone would have given us €25 but we only got about €40.

One problem with what you get is you've no way of calculating if its accurate. wouldn't it be better if they gave you a statement with a list of dates in one column, your purchases beside that and in the final column the number of points you'd earned. As it is there is no transperancy and you have to accept in good faith if they give you a 25% promotion that you actually get the points for that

I got mine yesterday too. Was Eur 8 which surprised me really as I don't shop there very much and I usually forget the card!

I posted on this last year because months went by and I got no vouchers. As my wife shops all the time in Dunnes we were due a lot. Ringing their helpline wasn't very assuring as the replies were in line with whats above. When they eventually came they were much much less than we'd expected. We bought wine in their 25% promotion last year and these alone would have given us €25 but we only got about €40.

One problem with what you get is you've no way of calculating if its accurate. wouldn't it be better if they gave you a statement with a list of dates in one column, your purchases beside that and in the final column the number of points you'd earned. As it is there is no transperancy and you have to accept in good faith if they give you a 25% promotion that you actually get the points for that
Have to agree it's a bit mind boggling. I kept a receipt for champagne I bought in a 30% off sale but still can't calculate if it is right or not, because I cannot calculate whether i actually got 30% off in vouchers due to my other shopping since the last vouchers came out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is it not like Tesco - e.g. 1 point for every €1 spent with the details of points obtained and balance to date on each receuipt?

The DS valucard receipts have no ongoing or accumulated balance.

Mrs Oldtimer got hers yesterday and is fuming. She constantly buys clothes but each time homeware and clothes is zero vouchers. No satisafaction from customer care. In all she got €8 in grocery vouchers - expected a lot more. Tesco is much more transparent - the receipt tells you exactly how many points you get and also the accumulation.

Life is too short for this!
Moot point if they don't have the required details as mentioned above but how exactly does keeping receipts cause you such hassle?! :confused: It's a good way to keep an automatic spending diary too.

Customer service instore have nothing to do with clubcards, other than taking in forms. Take any complaints to the clubcard line or Head Office (Now on Georges Street). I am sick to death of getting hassled by people while on till about it, the phone line won't answer, I can't give change on the vouchers etc.

They did come out roughly every 4 months, there was one at Easter and now one in August, seems right to me. It does say on receipts how many points earned. If you spend €200 and used your clubcard, it'll say 'Points earned in this transaction- 20'. But yes, they will not give your current balance.

Moot point if they don't have the required details as mentioned above but how exactly does keeping receipts cause you such hassle?! :confused: It's a good way to keep an automatic spending diary too.

I have enough paperwork as it is. Mrs Bloggs buys all her groceries with Visa Card. I get the e version of the statment so I always have access to 6 mths and keep track of expenditure that way. Dunnes isn't a weekly buy - it could be daily - so there would be lots of receipts. Also Dunnes don't pinpoint the dates the vouchers relate to so how could you reconcile them in?

would be much better if there was a running total on their receipts.

Back