Dunnes overcharging policy

I have seen this before. I assume this is company policy only to give a partial refund unless the customer insists on a full refund. I guess this saves them money.

Dunnes grocery do give the item for free as I have got it many times. The trick is to let the transaction go through at the checkout then go to customer service to get it rectified. If you point it out at the checkout they will just get someone to over-ride the transaction and charge you the correct price.

And I thought I was the only person in Ireland who does that !

Last week in Dunnes I spotted a battered and bruised slab of Miller bottles with a reduced sticker on it. The original slab of 24 was selling at 19.99 at Christmas. This slab (about 19 bottles) was reduced to €12. It went through at 19.99, up to the Customer Services desk I went and got a FULL refund.
They taste even nicer when they're free :D

No thats true, to get the proper price up they would need a managers key and password to do a price override.

I've learnt the hard way especially if there is a queue behind you! My letting it go through I get it for nothing and I am not blocking up the checkout for everyone else. It's a win win (but not for Dunnes)!

The till price is ALWAYS correct, no exceptions. I work in Dunnes drapery, loads of stuff comes in and the tag has the incorrect price (just as often too high as it is too low) and the bottom of the tag is ripped off and the item is re-priced. Of course, loads of times not every item is repriced. I'd like to point out that it happens a lot a pair of boots scanning at €28 when they're marked €25 but just as often it happens the other way around. Or when sale items are reduced further but the tag itself it not up to date. So yes, it can be changed if you point it out during the transaction to the price marked or ou can get the difference refunded, no free items in drapery/textiles. It's doing badly enough without that.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. The till price is NOT ALWAYS correct. In fact the exact opposite is frequently the case. It is more likely that the till price is incorrect, and that the electronic price has not been updated.

i love the dunnes spicey lamb burgers in the fresh meat section, they are 1.69, but are reduced every second week to 1.39, but never changed at the till.. oh the taste of free is delish..

I'm sorry to drag this thread up, but I was in Tesco today at the customer service desk to retrieve some lost property.

There was a couple in front of me who brought back a six pack of beer bottles and told the woman that they had been overcharged. After much huffing and puffing, the woman scanned the item and gave them back the difference.

The man pointed at a sign right beside the desk stating that he thought the policy was that he could have the full amount refunded. With this, the woman sighed quite loudly and said 'Oh.. I suppose so' like it was a massive job for her, and coming out of her own pocket!

The man stood his ground, and the woman behind the desk eventually took it back out of its bag, scanned it and refunded the full amount.

Surely, if this is their policy, that this man wouldnt have had to ask for the refund. Why refund part of the price, when the policy states a full refund!

I wonder if this is a Tesco thing, or an individual person thing, to try and do the people out of the full refund?

I would say its more an individual thing personally as I have had this expericnce in tescos also and mostly go all money back only got the difference back from a person who really really loved their job!!!

The individual in question is one of those people.. I hate approaching her when she's on, I'd actually rather leave it to another day than to try and work out a problem with her. She-Devil would be a good nickname me thinks.

:D

Do you live near Athlone by any chance? I know its kinda off topic, but a friend of mine approached the customer service desk (this womans lair) at 7.40pm. A new sign had been put up stating that the desk would be closing at 8pm from now on.

My friend asked for cigarettes, the she-devil pointed to the sign and said 'I'm closed'. My friend pointed to a clock behind her and said 'But its 7.40?'. She-devils reply? 'Well, I do have a home to go to, I'm going home and I am closed.'

I do love Tesco..

I really love to go shopping :) the rudeness sometimes goes hand in hand with " if you would work any slower you would do it backwards " :p

Back