Dublin to Shannon Town

Lambchops

Hi there,

I need to travel to Shannon from Dublin this Friday (and come back on the Sunday). I was looking at a few option online & was wondering if anyone could ster me in the right direction..please.

• Get the train from Heuston to Limerick or Limerick junction (Not sure which is nearer?) and then how would I get to Shannon town from there. How far away is it?
  • Get the BE bus from Dublin to Shannon. I looked online but not sure which stop - Shannon Industrial estate?? Seems that this bus takes all day to get there too :(
  • Private bus company - Example JJ Kavanagh run from Dunlin-Shannon but the times aren't great. First bus leaves at 7:15am and the next obe leaves after 11am!!
Was just wondering if anyone has made this commute and what is the best option. Thanks.:)

Best way is train to Limerick Station and then bus to Shannon Airport from the Station.

Train should take 2 hours approx and 30 minutes for bus to airport. Leave plenty of time in case you miss a bus or there is delays. All the buses going to Shannon generally go the airport.

Limerick Junction is towards the Tipperry side of Limerick and it's just a change over point for Cork/Limerick trains going to Dublin.

By far the quickest way is to get the train to Limerick and [broken link removed] (from the train station) to Shannon. The airport buses all pass by the town centre.

... Limerick or Limerick junction ...
Limerick Junction is in Co. Tipperary

What about flying, flight time is about 45mins each way?

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Looks like the train to Limerick and a bus from there is the bset option so ;)

I did look into flying but the flight back on a Sunday is at something like 7am...and bearing in mind you need to be at the airport and hour before hand...don't think that's an option.

Thanks.

Back