Dublin Rental - Best area

[broken link removed]
Check out the time tables for the 16 group of busses and 41 group of busses - these go to the airport. They will give you an idea of where they go by.

Just be aware that the 16 is an extremely long route that starts in Rathfarnham and travels across the City Centre to get to the Airport. Even though there are bus corridors for part of the way, it can still be a very long journey. I would avoid any areas on its route that are South of the Liffey and just concentrate on the North side. Unless you want to spend half your life commuting.

Bacchus;

I said it doesnt seem too bad of an area, i only know it as been there a few times, i didnt say anything bad/good about it and in no position to say what areas are good or bad there.

Just thought it be handy for people to tell the person of the good areas up there so he doesnt waste his time looking in bad areas.

Considered going a little bit out. Malahide, lovely area, is very close to the airport yet you can jump on the dart and be in city centre in no time?

Drumcondra would probably be your best bet, you could try look at places in chapelgate (new apartments) or rental on either side of the drumcondra road all the way up to whitehall. These areas are all within walking distance of town and are on the bus routes. Most of the other areas close by (glasnevin, phibsboro, clontarf, northwood, etc etc) are not on a direct bus route to the airport.

You could also consider looking in the city centre itself, try look in the ifsc, along the liffey (italian quarter), or the docklands, you could get a bus to the airport from busaras or from o connell street (would prob take about 40 mins).

donnybrook - albeit not that close to the airport, it is on the route for the aircoach http://www.aircoach.ie/

Donnybrook is a fantastic area and you could walk into town from there.

Seriously? I don't think thats a great option to be honest!

Your best bet, as suggested is Drumcondra, Whitehall or Santry. The new apartments around Santry are really nice and your proximity to the airport is great. You will be travelling against traffic if you are working standard office hours. Can't think of any areas I would consider dodgey in Drumcondra..Its all pretty quiet really....

If I had to pick somewhere accessible to city centre and airport I would definitely pick Malahide, its such a nice place and I imagine it would be a great place to live, I assume you won't always be commuting to city centre or airport and will have some free time at home;) You could definitely rent somewhere for 1400 a month. Best of luck.

Another vote for malahide. Plenty of pubs & restaurants and its by the sea. Its close to the airport. Its a fair way from teh city centre though and while there is the DART they aren't that frequent on that route.

Lauren - it might bug you but it is true in many cases

Ringlesman - you may be better having someone you know or are working with advise you the best area to suit you, based on your age profile, social prefereces etc.

sorry, my suggestion was stupid.

i didn't read the first post properly. I thought you need to be close to the airport if you were travelling once a month for example.

stay northside. I'd be suggesting malahide.

(feeling very silly here now!!)

Lauren - it might bug you but it is true in many cases
Whats true? That there are some dodgey areas north side?.... My point is that advising someone that there are only dodgey areas on the northside is inaccurate ... the same can be said for some southside suburbs, westside suburbs and places beyond Dublin......

Hi, I lived in Swords/Santry area for 4 years. It's really handy for the airport but getting into the centre is a bit of bother on the bus because they are so unreliable. It's grand during the day when you want to go into town but getting home after a night out was always a nightmare. These areas were fine when I lived there. I never had a any trouble and shops etc., were all nearby. I'd go for Drumcondra, closer to the city. Still handy for the airport and not so far from the centre.

Drumcondra not too bad of a area, but there is some dodging spots there too! Maybe people should give him a list of the good areas up that way?

where are the dodgy parts of drumcondra??? answer: there are none!

If I had to pick somewhere accessible to city centre and airport I would definitely pick Malahide, its such a nice place and I imagine it would be a great place to live, I assume you won't always be commuting to city centre or airport and will have some free time at home;) You could definitely rent somewhere for 1400 a month. Best of luck.

transport links airport to malahide are sh*te

If I had €1,400 I'd definitely stay on the Southside. Let's face it most of the Northside is pretty run down and hasn't much going for it. It would be ok if you were short of cash but otherwise why bother?

As for Malahide - way out in the sticks - too far from the city and the action! Imagine what you'd pay for a taxi out there late at night, that's if you could find a taxi that would go out there

Get a nice pad in Donnybrook or Ranelagh and spend a little longer commuting it will be well worth it, at least you'll be enjoying your leisure time

If I had €1,400 I'd definitely stay on the Southside. Let's face it most of the Northside is pretty run down and hasn't much going for it. It would be ok if you were short of cash but otherwise why bother?

As for Malahide - way out in the sticks - too far from the city and the action! Imagine what you'd pay for a taxi out there late at night, that's if you could find a taxi that would go out there

Get a nice pad in Donnybrook or Ranelagh and spend a little longer commuting it will be well worth it, at least you'll be enjoying your leisure time

You're, like, so trolling, roysh? :eek:

Back