Dublin hotel with nice restaurant

gramlab

Going to Snow Patrol on the 8th July

Looking to book a central enough hotel for the saturday night but want something a bit special with a good restaurant. Dont really want to have to stray from hotel for evening meal as we wont get to dublin that early.

Looked at the four seasons but no standard rooms available and looking at 550 for a basic suite with B&B. Thats a bit more than I was planning on.

Any recommendations??

How many rooms are you booking for €550. Check out the Shelbourne Hotel on Stephen's Green, €220 will get you a double room and breakfast. Beautiful hotel, but I never ate in their restaurant. Any amount of top class restaurants in close proximity to the hotel. Marco Pierre White's steakhouse is just around the corner on Dawson Street (2min walk), doing great deals at the moment.

Bewleys in Ballsbridge. Herbert Park Hotel in Ballsbridge, restaurant there and loads right beside. The DYlan. Mespil Hotel. Camden Court. RAdisson.

Buswells hotel on the corner of Kildare and Molesworth Street is very central much cheaper than E550, or E220 for that matter - E115 for the Saturday night, E97 for the Sunday, for a double room.

Its very close to Marco Pierre Whites too which I would recommend ala notagardener.

IMO hotel restaurants are never as nice as a normal restaurant so I wouldnt pay extra for a "nice" one.

Westin hotel on Westmoreland Street is lovely and has a nice restaurant. ditto for the westbury.

I was looking for a nice hotel as myself and the missus dont get away without the kids too often and I want it to be a little bit of a treat.

Only suites left in the 4 seasons but as I said 550 is a bit much for a few hours on a saturday night and a breakfast. If it included a nice dinner then maybe.

Cheers for the suggestions.

Will keep looking

Really splash out - go for The Merrion. My recommendation would be to stay in the Condrad(€113 on hotels.com) and go to any of the great restaurants within a 5 minute stroll, possibly Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud.

Back