Dublin City Traffic \ Road Conditions - resources?

odyssey06

AA Roadwatch used to be good with updates around traffic and road conditions for Dublin.
It seems to have been discontinued online, couldn't find it on the AA website anymore.

With possible spell of wintry showers coming, what's the next best thing?

Dublin City Live Drive?
https://twitter.com/livedrive

Today FM and Lyric do regular updates in the morning breakfast shows. Check with the council websites as well to see if they provide updates via Social Media or via Mapalerter

Would Google Maps/Android Auto be of any help??
Can't say I really use it at all for trips around my local area but on longer trips or places that I don't know to well I've found it very good
One of the features I like when using it is that it will keep an eye on the journey your making and make sure you're on the best possible route time wise, I presume it does this by taking in traffic levels, congestion and road works along the route

Would Google Maps/Android Auto be of any help??
Can't say I really use it at all for trips around my local area but on longer trips or places that I don't know to well I've found it very good
One of the features I like when using it is that it will keep an eye on the journey your making and make sure you're on the best possible route time wise, I presume it does this by taking in traffic levels, congestion and road works along the route
Yes I would use Google Maps for regular how do I get from X to Y type situations. Just with 'winter coming' not sure if that will give an update like avoid X as road very icy.

Agree.. Google uses real time data to detect traffic congestion. The news broadcasts are usually way after the event.

Back