Dubai Property - Legal Advice of Pulling out of Purchase

Tonisop

I have purchased a property in Dubai. The project was due for completion in Dec 08 and I have received confirmation from the Developer that the project is on schedule and I will be notified of handover via letter and I will have 30 days to complete the sale. However i have had the property inspected and it is six months at least from completion but they will not confirm this or respond to any queries regarding actual completion, development completion, only being allowed 2 inspection visits, accepting the property without snagging, what are the maintaince fees, what is the current situation/law with residency visa for a freehold property..

I have emailed the Developer giving them a 7 day notice period that I am ready to complete and have the funds available ( I had personal savings and loans arranged for Dec 08 completion) and if they do not make the property available they are in default.

As the property is not available and possibly they have no idea when it will be ready and with the property market imploding, i want to pull out of the sale...

I want to issue a solicitor letter from Ireland stating that if they do not complete the sale then all bets are off.. I want to protect myself from any legal ramifications of them following me here by stating i am in default.. I realise that if i ever set foot in a GCC country again i would end up in a debtors prison cell for pulling out of the sale, but they are not fulfilling there side of the sale....

Has anyone any advise on the best way to proceed or recommendations of any solicitors that could deal with this and what there fee would possibly be... Any other advice wou;ld be greatly appreciated...

How much did it cost and how much have you paid already? If you have a relatively small deposit paid, you might be able to just lose it and walk.

Back