dual temperature heating controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

newirishman

Hi
I've put in a new gas boiler and heating controls 18 months ago, both according to latest standards. I am generally happy with the stuff so no major issue there. The heating controls have one zone for heating, and one zone for hot water.
However, what annoyed me a bit (through these two cold winters) is that the controller only allows to turn the heating on or off (and of course temperature controlled when on). What I would like to have is a heating controller that doesn't actually turn the heating off, but where I instead can define two temparature zones - for example, keep a minimum temparate of say 16 degrees during night time or when I am at work (times you would normally turn the heating off), and during the "on" time set the temperature to say 20 degrees.
I was able to find a lot of controllers that can do that kind of thing, however, I wasn't able to find a controller that allows you for controlling your hot water as well.
So - currently have a dual-zone controller (heating and hot water) with on/off setting and room thermostat (and thermostat on the hot water).
But would I would like to be able to have a "dual-temparature" heating controller, and hot water as is.
One solution might be to find a thermostat that has two timer-controlled temparature settings to replace the existing single-temparature thermostat for the heating, and just leave the heating zone on constant "on" as this would be easy to replace. Other solution of course to replace with a controller unit that does all that in one.
I did quite some internet research but haven't been able to find the right module, hence trying to find any help here!

There are some digital programmable room thermostats that will allow you to do this as in your first solution option.
I would suggest that you call around to some of the electrical wholesalers in your area, especially if you live in a city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back