Dual Fuel Savings. Is there a saving having both with same supplier?

Laramie

Registered User
Messages
566
My gas supply is with Electric Ireland.

My electric supply is with Bord Gais.

Both have different end contract dates by about a month.

Is there a saving to me if I have both supplies with the same supplier?

I am thinking of ditching my gas supply with Electric Ireland and moving to Bord Gais where I will have both gas and electric.

If I switch over is there a further discount given to me considering that I will have both Gas & Electric with Bord Gais?
 
Is there a saving to me if I have both supplies with the same supplier?
The only way to find out is to shop around. E.g. using a site like EnergyPal:
 
It depends on what plans they are offering \ discounts. Sometimes there are discounts \ plans only available on dual fuel.
Sometimes not.
But you probably would get better if you switched somewhere to be treated as a fully 'new' customer.

I know that would mean paying standard \ out of contract rates for a month on gas.

Flogas have good fixed rate deals at the moment or if you are low usage, look for plans with €210 welcome bonus on dual fuel. Just watch out their standing charges are high especially for rural.

It seems like electricity supply is valued more highly than gas eg Flogas offer €150 welcome credit just for electricity but no such bonus on gas.

About 6 weeks out from your renewal date with BG, you should see renewal options, not sure if they'll show you the discount online for switching to dual fuel or if you will need to call though.
 
If I switch over is there a further discount given to me considering that I will have both Gas & Electric with Bord Gais?
Not by just switching over the gas. When you come to sign new contracts, they may offer a dual fuel tarrif which may or may not be cheaper.

Over the years, I've had instances where the dual fuel tarrif is cheaper and other occasions where using different suppliers for each worked out best.
 
Flogas have good fixed rate deals at the moment or if you are low usage, look for plans with €210 welcome bonus on dual fuel. Just watch out their standing charges are high especially for rural.
It was a slight disappointment not to have the €210 on the fixed contract, but it's still a good deal. Energia tried to keep me, but even ignoring that it was fixed, they couldn't match the rate
 
Flogas look like they have good deals at mo but hearing issues with their new system and taking weeks to onboard new customers and lots of phone calls and asking to sign up again that I am reluctant to move to them.

Would be keen to here how others got on recently.
 
I initiated a switch to Flogas Fixed Dual Fuel, standard 24hr meter last Tuesday. I note that my Electric Ireland accounts are now 'Closed Accounts' on their web portal. That suggests work in progress. I expect that it will all work out fine. I change every year and have never had any problems with such.
 
Back
Top