dryline without removing drywall

eisfspike

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience in this. I have a small box room which is extremely cold. My house is not suitable for the pump in insulation. Is there a way you can dryline a wall without losing space (it is a box room and already quite small so don't want to give up more space). What i mean is can you pump in insulation from the inside the bedroom to fill the gap between the drywall and the brick work (between the studs).

Many Thanks

Unlikely to be enough space behind the plasterboard to get comprehensive coverage. I think the minimum gap is 50mm, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure a thin layer of beads would give you much improvement.

There's a very thin foil backed insulation that has great u=value that some people use. Don't know the name of it off the top of my head but any good hardware/merchants will know it. One thing though, it is expensive to buy. Ok, see below, that's what i'm talking about.

YBS

YBS SUPERQUILT MULTI-LAYER REFLECTIVE FOIL INSULATION 5 X 1.5M (80967)

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience in this. I have a small box room which is extremely cold. My house is not suitable for the pump in insulation. Is there a way you can dryline a wall without losing space (it is a box room and already quite small so don't want to give up more space). What i mean is can you pump in insulation from the inside the bedroom to fill the gap between the drywall and the brick work (between the studs).

Many Thanks

I take it your talking about outside wall eisfspike. I would have thought the existing drywall might be stuck to wall. Either way I think your only real option is to remove existing drywall. Then with mushroom fittings you should be able to to fit high density insulation board of 62-80mm with no loss of space. It should make a real difference to the room.

Back