Drying clothes when it is bucketing rain

I think this is what he is talking about?
[broken link removed]
I was thinking of getting one myself. Anyone tried it?

I have searched the internet for reviews but can only find this one for a 'tornado dry' (basically the same thing as the dri buddi).

[broken link removed]

I can't make up my mind if they're simply a gimmick or not. Also maybe they take up quite a bit of room? On the plus side they seem more energy efficient, although on the basis of it using a fan heater, I always thought they were notoriously high on energy.

While the tumble dryer works fine for linens etc, obviously can't put knits into it. I'd be very interested in any user reviews or opinions?

You can buy a kind of clothes rack to put up in the kitchen which you can raise and lower, very good if you have a solid fuel cooker. I don't have a tumble dryer and dry clothes in the spare room on a clothes horse or else outside on the line.

You can now get an all weather covered clothesline installed in Ireland. Clothes dry in rainy weather naturally and cuts out using a tumble dryer. Also doubles as a gazebo. Its called "The hangout". Have one and its really good. The website is www.thehangout.ie Worth a look.

well i have a small house and no space for a clothes hourse inside .no kidding.so i got my large sun unbrella and opened it up over the clothes hourse outside.works well.

You can now get an all weather covered clothesline installed in Ireland. Clothes dry in rainy weather naturally and cuts out using a tumble dryer. Also doubles as a gazebo. Its called "The hangout". Have one and its really good. The website is www.thehangout.ie Worth a look.

Hi Brendan,

Welcome to AAM.

Can you confirm if you have any association with this website? As this is quite an old thread with a glowing recommendation from a 1st time poster it may make AAM users suspicious.

Thanks,

Sue Ellen.

I'd also be a little concerned about the apparent use of child labour in the construction process.

construction-photo6.jpg

I wonder what the breakdown of vertical versus diagonal rainfall is?

Was wondering that myself! That shelter looks fine for when the rain falls vertically, but that doesn't always happen in this country :p
But surely you can adjust the roof so it's sideways? Like you do with a parasol.

But surely you can adjust the roof so it's sideways? Like you do with a parasol.

Based on the construction pictures, no, it isn't adjustable. Plus even if it was the clothes would still hang down vertically so you could only use the furthest 'back' part of it that was shaded - anything near the 'front' would still be subject to rain, and would just be nearer the ground.

Back