Drove car into pillar!

smree

I did something really really stupid this evening. I'm a learner driver I've had about 8 lessons. Tonight I decided to practice clutch control on my car ( 1st time to attempt to drive my own car!). It's parked in an underground car park and I decided to move from one space to another. Reversed fine and as I was moving into another space I went straight into a concrete pillar. The front left light glass is smashed and the bonnet dented and a bit cracked on the left hand side.

Sorry about the long winded explanation above but I'm so annoyed with myself. Question is basically is this going to be a very expensive lesson? Also can anyone recommend a reliable mechanic in the D15 area?

Thanks

People on this site before have recommended www.carcraft.ie and Chips Away for dents etc. On the mirror issue, try scrap yards first and the try and fit it yourself, or get an independent garage to do it for you. Avoid main dealers if at all possible.

There is a crash repairs place on Church Street, just up past the Church in Blanchardstown. A chap called Ellis Poynton runs the show. I haven't had any work done by him but I did get an estimate from him and he was quite reasonable.

Let me know if you need a phone number.

No offence intended to anyone here but a recommendation from a first time poster who has not even used the repair service does not sound like the best route.

If you have a root around this board using the searhc option you should get a few further recommendations.

should always try and use an approved repairer depending on your bubget of course that way that way if any problems arise later there wont be any hassle are you on north or southside

You can try B & S parts in Duleek and and Summerhill spares for your head lamp, They are both good for bonnets aswell especially if you are going to get it re-sprayed it does not matter what colour it is in. For your head lamp they are normally about 50 euro, make sure you state what side it is for and if it electric motor. As stated there is no need to go to garages for these parts and try and get them yourself as a mechanic will charge extra if he has to go and collectthem for you.

Thanks a lot for your replies. Going to make some calls to scrap yards about the head lamp and look at getting the bonnet sorted.

Hi

Only the glass is smashed in the passenger side headlamp. All the lights, bulbs etc are still working fine but I've been told that I have to replace the full headlamp. Is there no way just to replace the glass?

Thanks

no only mercs two piece lamps try pr reillys have a big selection of non genuine parts

Back