Drop land line, keep mobile, save money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audrey

My latest Eircom bill shows 10 euro in calls, 11 euro in VAT and 46 euro in rental! (Yes, we make very few calls). Should we drop the land line entirely (our Broadband is wireless, so that's ok), and just work off mobiles? Seems a no-brainer to me, but would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Really would appreciate some responses - just to let me know that I'm not missing anything.
Thanks.

Here's one:

Askaboutmoney is a completely free and voluntary community service and, as such, cannot always guarantee a timely response to all queries, depending as it does on somebody with the required experience or expertise being available to make contributions. If your query has not received any replies please don't duplicate it or reply to it/edit simply to bump it up to the top of the list particuarly if it has only been posted for a short period of time. Far from eliciting a more expeditious response doing so may actually have the opposite effect as many people see this as bad manners and will consequently ignore the query. On the other hand, if your query remains unanswered for several days/weeks then bumping it up to the top of the topic list may be justified. Your own common sense should tell you when this is justified and when it's not.

From our Posting Guidelines, which should be familiar to someone with as many posts as yourself.

Thread locked.

Today, 09:37 AM

Today, 10:30 AM
Less than an hour between the original post and the "bump"! An established poster really should know better... :rolleyes:

Post crossed with CCOVICH's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back