Driving Test does anyone have any useful tips?

Hi all

I applied to do my test (yet again) about 3-4 months ago and got notification in the post the other day. It's not the same as it was previously though - i had done the test on the Rathgar route twice - and this time had requested Churchtown, but the other day I got a letter from SGS who are based in Citywest (obviously where you're did your test Kelb) and I had to ring to arrange a date. I now have to drive out to Citywest next month and get tested on some route and I have no idea where the route goes!

Does anyone know if there are any driving instructors who might know what route they choose out there?? Kelb did you get any more info on it? How did you get on?

Thanks,

M

the irish driving school website has maps you can buy online of the routes, [broken link removed]
they might have the route

Well done-I failed twice-9 grade 2s and 1 grade 1 which is better than my first test 13 grade 2 s and 1 grade 3! Any advice????

I wouldn't be bothered with trying to learn the routes off. The tester will change the route depending on traffic/road work conditions. I did my test in Raheny recently and was taken on a completely bizarre route. I hardly noticed as I was concentrating so hard.
Anyway, I failed the stupid thing cos the granny in front also doing her test stalled in the yellow box turning right, I anticipated she was going to turn as she had clearence. I got a grade 3 for entering the yellow box, I had only picked up 2 grade 2 faults.. RAGING..
I wouldn't recommend Raheny, asking around it's a very difficult centre to pick up a pass and the tester was a complete p***k.

Back