Driving Licence extensions announced

odyssey06

I was just about to register for an appointment to renew mine and saw this in the news...

Ten months are set to be added to the expiry date of some driving licences due to expire between now and the end of October.
The extension will apply to driving licences expiring from yesterday, 1 July, to 31 October 2021 with ten months added to the expiry date in cases where the driving licence has not benefited from an extension previously.

I was just about to register for an appointment to renew mine and saw this in the news...

Ten months are set to be added to the expiry date of some driving licences due to expire between now and the end of October.
The extension will apply to driving licences expiring from yesterday, 1 July, to 31 October 2021 with ten months added to the expiry date in cases where the driving licence has not benefited from an extension previously.

Indeed.

This post reminded me to check the date on my licence, which i see is due to expire within that time frame.

Im probably living in the past, but was there not an issue regarding the Public Service Card being abandoned ?

I see its the first requirement on the NDLS website when renewing.

This post reminded me to check the date on my licence, which i see is due to expire within that time frame.

Im probably living in the past, but was there not an issue regarding the Public Service Card being abandoned ?

I see its the first requirement on the NDLS website when renewing.
It's not a mandatory requirement to renew your licence.

If you have a PSC card you can renew your licence online or in person.
If you don't have a PSC card you have to make an appointment at one of the centres in person.

Back