Driveway surface and edging ideas

Tammy123

We have a gravel driveway which was put in with a very limited budget when we built our house a few years ago. It now needs to be redone and we are looking at the various options. We like the gravel look and need to put in some sort of edging to stop it from migrating onto the lawn. But our budget is still very limited and the driveway is quite long!

Any ideas of what options we have, and how much we could do ourselves to keep the price down?

I like the idea of cobbles along the edge, how would they be put in? Would I have to dig a small trench, and would they be too flat then to stop gravel migrating?

I think the railway sleepers might be a bit big (unless they went into a trench which would reduce the height) - any other ideas? Thanks !

with cobbles you could dig a small trench. the cobbles are deep enough to stop the gravel from migrating,You could also consider decking boards on their side laid in a narrow trench

I would suggest rumbled paving blocks laid on their side. They have to be set in a small trench with a dryish concrete. If your handy with DIY you can do all yourself.

Kilsaran Lifestyle supply this type of product, I have dealt with them a good bit and they have Technical Advice people who will advise you on how to do it yourself.

Back