Dress code for "Chapter One"

lucylou

Hi does anyone know for guys what would be appropriate for dinner here, would smart shirt and trousers do or is a suit better?
Ha and they always say women cant make their minds up!!!

Re: Dress Code for chapter one

smart shirt and trousers if fine. I'm going friday for lunch I can't wait :)

Hi does anyone know for guys what would be appropriate for dinner here, would smart shirt and trousers do or is a suit better?
Ha and they always say women cant make their minds up!!!

For me the occasion, rather than the venue, would dictate how I dress.
Is it a formal business dinner or just an informal gathering of friends ?

I am firmly of the belief that you can wear whatever you like wherever you like (apart from where an invite specifies). After that it is up to you how you want to look.

I'd wear jeans to Chapter One but then I might wear trousers too. Have enough suit wearing from Monday to Friday 8-6!

I wore jeans last time I was there and they didn't throw me out!

I know they wouldn't throw you out but its a nice place sometimes its nice to make a little effort.

You won't go far wrong with the 'smart casual' look - a 'roger moore' style safari suit or a nice mustard tanktop teamed with a pair of beige slacks.

It will probably put the other punters off their fancy chapter one dinner though.

I know they wouldn't throw you out but its a nice place sometimes its nice to make a little effort.

They were expensive jeans!! :)

I know what you mean but I agree with the poster above who says that the occasion dictates the outfit, not the venue.

I wore jeans last time I was there and they didn't throw me out!
Same here although it was a few years ago.

If you want to make the effort then why not ring the joint and ask them to tell you what to wear? Maybe they can give you a high chair and cut your food up for you as well.

Re: Dress code for chapter one

Jaysis clubman you really missed your calling. Should have been on the stage.

Back