Dream Honeymoon location?

kildarebuild

Hi - Getting married in september So be heading off on honeymoon on the 20th sept thereabouts. We want to go for 3 weeks. We want a mixture of a good night life and activities to do during the day. (scuba diving, swimming and day trips). Would anyone give us their experiences please. We are thinking maybe mexico - but it is hurricane season in sept??? Any ideas? suggestions. We have seen a lot of europe, saw american been in morrocco last year. So something else? Food is important. mmm. Im hungry.

Try Jordan, you have the scuba diving in Aqaba, the Red Sea is amazing, Amman is lovely, you have the castles, monuments (esp in south), hop over to Israel and Jerusalem, visit Syria, and it's all cheap and safe.

Haven't read it yet but I notice that the weekend edition of The Observer was all about Honeymoons.
You can read the articles here:

[broken link removed]

With regards to Mexico - It wouldn't be hurricane season on the west coast - Baja, Capo San Lucas, Puerto Vallerta, Acapulco etc. Might be worth considering.

Muzaway have you ever been to Baja or the west coast of Mexico? Any tips or suggestions where to go?

Hi Venus,

To be honest I haven't been there before. I've investigated going there in the past -with a view to driving south from San Diego - and have some friends who have been to the area on holidays since.

Closest I've been is to visit Tijuana by the California border - and I wouldn't recommend it - a rough border town!

My friends who have been to Baja spent time in Cabo San Lucas (they had a great time and highly recommended it - though possibly not during the US Spring Break as it is popular with college students during that time).

There are lots of beaches and some old missionary towns with opportunities for Surfing, sea kayaking and whale watching (at the right time of year)

A google search for Tourism Baja will bring you lots of info on the region.

M

Thanks Muzaway. I think we are going to fly into san diego and then hire a car and drive down into mexico! If anyone else has done this I would love to hear about it! Or any other info on west coast mexico would be great!

Back