Dreadful toilet manners

G

Guest114

Forgive me if this sounds a bit coarse but it is driving me DEMENTED.

Where I work, whenever I need to go for a sit down in the toilets, they are always very badly soiled. I don't think it is just one person who is doing this. I have observed that when MOST people go for a 'Number 2', they flush the toilet and walk out simultaneously. They NEVER check the bowl after they flush. It's simple basic manners to check the bowl after flushing and clean the bowl if necessary. Am I being OTT ? I don't think that I am..

I agree totally. Drips on toilet seat!!!! And then I wonder why is the toilet seat sometimes left UP? Its a ladies loo.. Is there some reason for this? Or are men secretly using loo?

I remember Gerry Ryan saying he wouldn't clean up a toilet if he soiled it- that was a cleaner's job. I suspect he isn't the only person who thinks like this, unfortunately.

Not to talk of the disgusting state of the toilets in some of our GAA grounds.

in St. Anne park the trees are the toilet for all the various sunny sunday football players. You'd think they'd spend a couple of euros and rent a proper area for it instead of playing flashing pedo in the park but noooo...

Doesn't surprise me about that Ryan fella.

You'd love to ask him and others like him is that how little they think of cleaners. Nobody is paid that much to clean up after others dirt. And no you are not demented at all , I'm very lucky where I work in that I have my own loo.......don't ask, unusual situation. Believe it or not , when I was away , a couple of times , someone got into it(men definitely) and left it dirty.Now , it's locked( was told originally it had to be left open in case of a fire) and I found every key that fitted it and took them and to hell with a fire, they can break the flimsy door if necessary .
If you talk to anyone who cleans for a living, many of them have a very poor opinion of people based on the absolute filth that they , the cleaners , are asked to clean up.

The Celtic Tiger created a lot of ignorance if you ask me. Some people think that everyone around them is their servant

The ones who leave the toilet dirty behind them are the ones who have Mammies or other halves at home cleaning up after them. It leads these people to think that cleaning fairies exist.

I get the feeling that people who leave dirty toilets behind them at work, have pristine toilets in their own homes.

You'd love to ask him and others like him is that how little they think of cleaners. Nobody is paid that much to clean up after others dirt.
"The Celtic Tiger created a lot of ignorance if you ask me. Some people think that everyone around them is their servant"

Could not agree more with those quotes. A few years ago I happened to be listening to Joe Duffy( i know a weak moment) when some jumped up little snob rang in to voice her indignation at the fact that her little darlings school had instigated a voluntary clean up of a local area and had had the temerity to ask her precious petals classes to volunteer. Her problem was not health and safety etc( it was merely a litter pickup.. no dirty needles involved etc...)... but that HER children were expected to help clean ...they had not been brought into the world for such a demeaning reason. If the current recession does anything it may prevent some people being able to afford their eastern european "ladies" who clean and they may have to get their own marigolds dirty!

Last edited:
I agree totally. Drips on toilet seat!!!! And then I wonder why is the toilet seat sometimes left UP? Its a ladies loo.. Is there some reason for this? Or are men secretly using loo?

Many women hover above the toilet so as not to catch 'germs' from the seat............they leave it drippy for the next person. Sometimes I think a sticker on the door saying they'll get more germs from the flush handle than from the seat might help. But they'd probably just not flush!
:mad:

Back