Dozens sympathise with sex offender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax!!

I was just addressing the post to both of you - I know you both have completely different opinions. Yorky made the 'point' and I was adding to your answer to it - if you know what I mean.

Decent law abiding men with no history of sexual misbehaviour would NOT be capable of indulging in gang rape given the opportunity.

Hmmm. I am not sure I agree. I don't profess any great knowledge of the mechanics of a gang rape situation; possibly it is essential that there be one sexual predator to act as a sort of catalyst. I would, however, be fairly sure that in many, many gang rape situations, there would be men who would never unilaterally involve themselves in a sex attack but who nevertheless participate in the gang attack.

There is such a thing as a public outcry so disagree that sending emails is useless..

You would have to be pretty mad to think that each and every email is opened,the fact is that with the amount of emails going through to them,they can see there is a real issue thats needs to be dealt with.

Good luck with getting through to him, I tried his number many many times today to no avail..so an email can be a way ( a start ) to get the public opinion known to as many as possible.

Anyhow ,I dont think slagging off other peoples efforts is going to help,do whatever you want to do,It was just a suggestion on my part for people that were looking to do something.You may think it useless but to have made my opinion on this known was important to me.

I didn't mean to offend you and was certainly not slagging off your efforts. I share your disgust and passion on the subect, emails in my opinion are too easy, I have also ring many times today, it was engaged alot. A letter in my opinion is far more effective, send letters through the post, you can't ignore a couple of sacks of mail.

Hmmm. I am not sure I agree. I don't profess any great knowledge of the mechanics of a gang rape situation; possibly it is essential that there be one sexual predator to act as a sort of catalyst. I would, however, be fairly sure that in many, many gang rape situations, there would be men who would never unilaterally involve themselves in a sex attack but who nevertheless participate in the gang attack.

Then they would NOT be the
Decent law abiding men...

Sean sheehy has withdrawn from his duties!!!
Perhaps we the people still have a say????

It is good to see a swift postive reaction from Bishop Murray. He also apologised on his own behalf and on behalf of the Kerry Diocise, which is what I put in my letter.

I have emailed my support for that brave person. I have also noted that the priest has resigned, does that mean he has been de frocked!! I doubt it but .....

noah

ps can I say that AAM has to be applauded

I find your hypothesis puerile and deeply offensive. It plays into the stereotype of men as mindless sexual predators, governed primarily by testosterone. I believe that people who have a strong set of moral values and ethics, will not, under any circumstances, commit criminal acts, just because an individual 'catalyst' does so.
Those without a moral compass (e.g. habitual offenders -including many clergy over the past 60 years) may follow the mob, or be 'catalyzed' into wrongdoing. Those with one, (the vast majority of people, men and women) will not steal,rape or murder....ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back