Downloading a track and getting a physical copy

wheels

Call me old fashioned, but I'm still very much reliant on my CD collection and I 'm not a huge fan of iTunes adn all the restrictions it casues when you're not playing from an iPod or iTunes. I still buy phsyical copies of all of the albums I buy, but I'm wondering is there a website that will sell you the download AND the physical copy in one go?

From what I gather both are actually considered seperate copyright works, but I'd love to be able to download an album and then recieve the physical copy a few days later? Or am I stuck in the dark ages?

I'm sure you can do that with amazon, but you'd pay seperately for each copy ;) !

Hypothetically, one could, eh, 'obtain' a digital copy that is in breach of copyright, play that until the physical CD arrives, then rip the CD and delete the digital copy 'obtained'. Not that anyone would advocate or endorse that sort of activity; it was an hypothesis ;) !

Thanks TarfHead, I kinda knew that, hence why I asked if there was a website that would do both 'in one go'...

I use a media player called mediamonkey which allows you to copy CDs to your music library. It's quick and easy to use. I would be one of those people who doesn't like to pay a second time for something I've already bought. If you're after the programs just google it and it's usually the first one in the page.

Hope this helps. Bear

Back