Wrong forum Downlight covers for attic insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandals

Looking to purchase the above which allow the insulation to be placed right up against the cover and the second layer to be rolled right over then. Fireproof etc.

Found company online, Downlightcoversdirect, €7 each del to door.

Anyone know anywhere else? Differnet types/cost etc
Thanks.

I think I remember seeing a thread here before where someone suggested/recalled using small terracotta flowerpots. But it might just have been one of my weird dreams.
And it mightn't work out much cheaper than €7 a go.

thanks for reply.

However I have to source the correct ones as they are fire proof or retardant (or something) to prevent insualtion catching fire if problem ever happened in downlighter. They are vital Im told to reduce the heat entering the attic and to stop a cold draught from entering the bungalow. They also prevent condensation in the attic.

Most electrical wholesalers stock these, if not they could be ordered in for you. The price sounds about right too.

Thanks nationaldude, will try them, have tried large hardware stores and even a guy selling fire blankets etc Might be handiest to go with online company so if €7 seem good value.

They are vital Im told to reduce the heat entering the attic and to stop a cold draught from entering the bungalow. They also prevent condensation in the attic.

They won't stop draughts or keep heat from escaping - they are fire retardant items, not insulating or airtight..........reduce, probably, stop it, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back