Double story extension in D12 area,

Simian

Hi I am looking for approximately how much it would cost to build a double story extension on the side of my house that is located in Dublin 12, the surface area to be added will be aprox 55 square meter, simple build,

Tx

NO way to tell you that on the information you've given. No such thing as a simple build either, straightforward maybe! simple? No.

The SCSI guide will give you some basic idea, you'll need to add all fixtures & fittings to these costs along with any finishes such as flooring. But as noted by noproblem, no two extensions are the same, all have their idiosyncrasies that will dictate costs.

Hi, thank you for your answers, the extension I am looking for is a straight forward one, I mean nothing fancy, it is two beds and shower room upstairs and kitchen+utility at ground level, overall area would be around 70 square meter (sorry about the miscalculation in the first message), the roof will be flat.

A quantity surveyor is your best bet to obtain some reasonable guide prices for your circumstances.

Note that the flat roof will affect your insurance premium.

Thank you Leo, I am still at the stage of thinking about it and weighing my options, extend and keep the tracker mortgage and top it up or sell and move to the country and face the painful commute to work everyday! but as you said either ways a quantity surveyor is my best bet for a reasonable guide price!

If you are considering moving in the not too distant future, bear in mind you are very unlikely to recoup the cost of an extension when you sell. An agent told me recently that a 100k extension in D12 might only add ~50k to the sale price.

I had a single story extension built last year in Sth Dub. Builders finish was €1,800 per sq metre.

Back