Don't know what to buy my Dad for Christmas!

deedee80

Hi there,

following on the trend from the other posts on her, can anyone suggest anything that I could get for my Dad that he will really enjoy. He loves music and dvd's but any dvd or cd I have ever bought him he already has. He loves gadgets and techy things. I bought him a new digital camera last year and that went down really well. He already has an ipod and a laptop. He's not into clothes at all and wouldn't be impressed with a sat nav. Time is running out and I fear i will be going down the dreaded slippers and pyjama's route if I don't come up with anything soon. My very max budget would be 500.

When you choose DVDs & CDs in the likes of www.play.com don't they say something like: "people who bought these also bought..." you might still get inspiration with this.

Hi there,

following on the trend from the other posts on her, can anyone suggest anything that I could get for my Dad that he will really enjoy. He loves music and dvd's but any dvd or cd I have ever bought him he already has. He loves gadgets and techy things. I bought him a new digital camera last year and that went down really well. He already has an ipod and a laptop. He's not into clothes at all and wouldn't be impressed with a sat nav. Time is running out and I fear i will be going down the dreaded slippers and pyjama's route if I don't come up with anything soon. My very max budget would be 500.

What about a docking station for his ipod or a portable dvd player

Hi there,

That "Dad" sounds a bit like me!!! (Is that you, son???:D). Seriously, what about a few month's membership of a gym? Trip to a footie game? a weekend away somewhere? Is he a golfer?

well I actually got him a portable dvd player a few years back. I considered the digital photo frame but they are quite expensive and I don't think he would enjoy it all that much. He loves football and has season ticket for league of Ireland team so thats out. Not into golf. The docking station is an idea but he got a new cd player thingy for the kitchen a while back and so he prob wouldn't use the docking station all that much (he doesn't use the ipod all that much either but loves the idea of them and if he gets the odd bit of use out of it then that suits him). The gym would be a no go aswell I'm afraid. The weekend away is an option but I always like the idea of him being able to open something at christmas that he'll really appreaciate, something that he would treat himself to. Not that he wouldn't appreciate a weekend away.....its his birthday at christmas aswell and he always only got one pressie as a child thats why I like to make a bit more of a fuss :)

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions, keep em coming!

What about one of those Freeplay radios - they run without batteries, being either solar, wind-up or mains powered.

well I actually got him a portable dvd player a few years back. I considered the digital photo frame but they are quite expensive and I don't think he would enjoy it all that much. He loves football and has season ticket for league of Ireland team so thats out. Not into golf. The docking station is an idea but he got a new cd player thingy for the kitchen a while back and so he prob wouldn't use the docking station all that much (he doesn't use the ipod all that much either but loves the idea of them and if he gets the odd bit of use out of it then that suits him). The gym would be a no go aswell I'm afraid. The weekend away is an option but I always like the idea of him being able to open something at christmas that he'll really appreaciate, something that he would treat himself to. Not that he wouldn't appreciate a weekend away.....its his birthday at christmas aswell and he always only got one pressie as a child thats why I like to make a bit more of a fuss :)

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions, keep em coming!

Digital frames can got be got for around 70 euro nowadays in several places , ut on another note what about a laptop maybe, you could get one for around 500 in the laptopshop.

You can see why I need the advice!

The wine is a lovely idea but alas he doesn't drink wine.....

The digital frame idea is growing on me, or something along that line. I considered a digital photo printer but he told me before that he doesn't think there good value and he has a scanner and a good printer....

Back