Domestic water consumption

G

geegee

Does anyone know what the average consumption per person is? According to the oasis website it is 230 litres per person per day which seems like an awful lot to me.

Dáil Éireann - Volume 512 - 16 December, 1999

Written Answers. - Water and Sewerage Schemes.

Mr. Durkan Mr. Durkan

92. Mr. Durkan asked the Minister for the Environment and Local Government the current estimated daily domestic water consumption requirement and the requirement five years ago; the plans, if any, he has to meet both domestic and industrial requirements five years hence and if he will make a statement on the matter. [27499/99]

Mr. Dempsey Mr. Dempsey

Minister for the Environment and Local Government (Mr. Dempsey): Extensive metered data for domestic water consumption are not available in Ireland. International experience is that per capita consumption rises on average by 0.6% per annum, due to many factors, particularly living standards. It is estimated that the current per capita consumption would be in the order of 150 litres per head per day.

I think the figure of 150 litres per head per day is about right.

ajapale

Thanks ajapale. I have bee wracking my brains since and when I was on a group water scheme some time back I'm sure our usage was only 85 litres per person per day! But then we are careful about running taps, not too many baths etc!

water consumption

The figure of 150 liters is the official figure for calculating the supply of a town ,an area etc..It is based on an EU average figure,again a calculated one.The individual number can be considerable lower.

Back