Dole payments should have been cut this week, not increased

Thanks the position is but I stand to be corrected 4% was put in a fund to to pay social walfare payments this fund was always in surplus up to a few years ago .I believe it is back in surplus now .It would be a good Idea to show the full charts so we can see how much each vested group really paid over the years and stop the wool being pulled over the eyes of the average paye worker who went to work year in and year out. I started out working back around 1970 just to give you an example a trade persons wages was around 9 pounds some one serving there time got one fifth of 9 pounds and paid around 33% for there stamp in the first year.a trades person would have paid 11% stamp

Last edited by a moderator:
Brendan,

are I right in thinking you are calling for a closer link between SI conts and SI benefits?

Well, in terms of the CSP, that is planned.

The plan is to move from a CSP based on average conts to one based on total conts.

So then those who have paid more conts will get a bigger pension.

The Question needs to be asked Why are the Government planning to do this for one Group of PRSI claas A workers And have no plans for another group paying the exact same rate.o_O Employer actually pay an extra 10.75% to the Government for the group it has no plans to pay extra for total conts:oops:

Just for the record The Government total take For someone working in the private sector and I have checked it against my own p60 for 2013/2014 is a total of 20.65% for someone earning 60000 euro made up of( 5.85 USC )( 4% employees PRSI ) (and 10.75% employer PRSI.) they total take is over 12250 Euro before income tax.We would be better off question who along with the people on the Dole are having a party at our expenses>

Back