dogs!!

I reckon something like a Cairn terrier would be good for you - tough little guys - again I agree that you should go for a X breed and not a pedigree - X breed much cheaper and in my experience very healthy, pedigree dogs prone to all kinds of ailments. Alternatively if you are not just looking for the cute and cuddly kind of dog - get a greyhound, fantastic animal if you have the room for him, very sweet temperament but veers towards lazy so he would probably be quite happy lying around during the day waiting for his big long walk on the beach - unfortunately there are a huge amount of greyhounds available for adoption - once they lose a race they're out:mad:
Don't forget though if you are going for a small dog you will need to have a very secure garden with good (narrow bars) gates, particularly with a terrier type dog as they will scratch and dig until they get out - and they will have eight hours a day to figure out how to get out :eek:

get a greyhound, fantastic animal if you have the room for him, very sweet temperament but veers towards lazy so he would probably be quite happy lying around during the day waiting for his big long walk on the beach - unfortunately there are a huge amount of greyhounds available for adoption - once they lose a race they're out:mad:

I'd second this - apparently they make great pets, and contrary to their image, need actually very little exercise compared to most dogs - 2 walks of 30 mins every day is sufficient according to the [broken link removed].

See [broken link removed] for further info.

I would love a lurcher too, great temperment to them and great with kids, once I look at those pet adoption sites I want to take them all, but we all know my experience of getting another dog.

Would second ney001 again, the dog will dig it's way out of an enclosure quick enough, when my dog was a pup she did the same thing, and she's a boxer, terriers are worse for this sort of thing.

I've been warned that I'm not allowed to bring any more animals home! but If I could I would get a greyhound next - I've had first hand experience of them and they are a pleasure to be around - I think most people are turned off them because they are not fluffy and pretty looking or alternatively they think that they need a lot of looking after! - I feel that dogs are now trendy and as such have to look trendy and adorable - hence ridiculous clothes and designer bags for them - I prefer the mutts myself - much more fun to own :)

(Roxy I have a friend who breeds lurchers and they are also great dogs - I had to turn one down a couple of weeks ago!)

I bought my dog a red check bandana in America last year, my boyfriend went mad at me and refused to go on the walks with me while she had it on! She has a funky gold collar too that he'll just about tolerate but I don't think I'd go as far as clothing her - she has a big fur coat of her own already!

I bought my dog a red check bandana in America last year, my boyfriend went mad at me and refused to go on the walks with me while she had it on! She has a funky gold collar too that he'll just about tolerate but I don't think I'd go as far as clothing her - she has a big fur coat of her own already!

Did anyone see that documentary about John Ryan and his 'New York Dog' magazine? Mad :rolleyes:

Did anyone see that documentary about John Ryan and his 'New York Dog' magazine? Mad :rolleyes:
Did anyone see John Ryan on the Late Late Show. I think he was making a laugh of the americians and the way they worship their dogs. Hope a recording of the show dowsn't get to be shown on tv in america - if so he might find they might not like him as much as they seem to now.

Back