dog in heat

K

kellysayers

Hi
Anyone know about getting a dog pregnant. I have two miniture yorkies and want them to do the business so the bitch can have pups. She came in heat today but the little fellow doesn't know where to put anything! what should I do?
Stop laughing Clubman! I can hear you from here

Maybe the male has a headache or is tired and stressed from work or maybe he is just gay :p

Have you tried locking them in a small room together for a few hours and see if nature takes it course ?

kellysayers said:
Anyone know about getting a dog pregnant. I have two miniture yorkies and want them to do the business so the bitch can have pups.
Just curious as to why you want the pups - Are these a valuable breed? Do you have homes lined up?

Why do you want the pups? Hopefully you have homes lined up. I work with animals and I see many unwanted and unloved pups dumped into the pound and shelters. Upsetting to say the least.............

I'd second what Rainyday asked - do you have good homes lined up for the unknown number of pups that will be born? Are you planning on selling them?

Are your dogs thoroughbred? Do you have papers for them showing their lineage etc? Serious buyers will want to see these. If you're planning on selling them, are you registered with the Irish Kennel Club (http://www.ikc.ie)? Lastly, I presume your dog and bitch are not related?!

The Government should pay for PupCare in todays society if you ask me. Or at least give tax breaks to the mother and father dogs.

MATING
A bitch is usually ready for mating between the eleventh and fourteenth of her season, but this can vary enormously from bitch to bitch and from breed t breed. Some bitches have stood to be mated as early as their second or third day, and have had puppies, while others have been mated as late as the twentieth day and have had successful litters.
Watch the bitch very carefully while she is in season. She is likely to be ready to stand to the dog when her colour discharge begins to fade. When she is taken to the dog, she should willingly stand with her tail to one side, welcoming the dog. This is a good sign that she is ready.
Sometimes a bitch is very difficult and may try to bite the dog and anyone who is trying to hold her.
A bitch may make the whole process very difficult for the stud dog, but if he is experienced he will be able to overcome this. However, a young stud dog being used for the first time should n ever be put to a difficult bitch, or he may be put off altogether.
I hope this will be of some help to you!

Alba Longa said:
A bitch may make the whole process very difficult for the stud dog, but if he is experienced he will be able to overcome this. However, a young stud dog being used for the first time should n ever be put to a difficult bitch, or he may be put off altogether.

There's a lesson in there somewhere!

Reminds me of the old joke: my wife and I enjoyed life and had enormous fun for 25 years. And then we met. :D

The dogs are valuable and I will be very careful as to who gets the pups. Lets just say our dogs sleep in the house and have a better life than some kids. I am a very responsible owner who wouldn't let a dog have unwanted pups.

kellysayers said:
I am a very responsible owner who wouldn't let a dog have unwanted pups.
Careful now - SPUD (the Society for the Protection of Unborn Dogs) might be on your case if you don't clarify what you mean!

:) :) :)
Looks as if you are going to have to watch the bitch carefully for 20 days during which time the chappie will have the opportunity to try various approaches. If the mission is accomplished and the bitch is pregnant you will then have more watching; then when she produces a litter of 8 or so tiny rat-like critters you've got more intensive watching. Doesn't leave much time for telly. If this one caught on it might save the ozone layer with the savings on energy. Thank you........you've made my day!

down clubman good boy!!!! by the excuse my lack of knowledge but whats a bubble?

Back