Does mortgage provider contact employer?

vf949

Following submission of P60s, pay slips and a salary cert how likely is it that a mortgage provider will contact an employer to verify employment details?

I want to make sure my employer is ready for an interrogation if he is likely to get one!

Not too likely I would think if it all looks ok, any discrepancies on information given will make it more likely.

Back in the day I was presented with bogus P60's, income certificates and pay slips. All supported by a local broker. Something wasn't quite right so I gave the company a ring. The loan applicant's friend answered the phone and it was obvious that the applicant never worked there. In fact she was unemployed.

Quite often income certificates were exaggerated to show "possible" overtime and bonus earnings that were not even guaranteed.

Having worked in CS/PS departments, I can categorically say there are occasions on which the mortgage provider contacts the employer of the wannabe mortgagee.

There are definitely occasions when mortgage provider contacts employer, did it many times myself but I would have been prompted by some suspicion or other based on either the documentation or something in the application :) If it's all correct then you lessen the chances but sure it's no big deal anyway if they give them a call is it?

Hey folks thanks for the responses.

Sending in pay slips, P60s, salary cert, bank statements etc anyway so everything should be fine.

It's just my boss can be pretty abrupt until you get to know him so will say it to him to expect a call from them.

Back