Does it matter which branch of bank I use to lodge cheques?

I'm with the TSB branch in Patrick Street Cork City for years.
Now that a new branch is opening soon in Blackpool, which is very convenient for me. Can I lodge cheques in the new branch or do I have stick with the old branch..

I genuinely wonder why people still issue or accept cheques. What's wrong with electronic transfer of funds?

Last cheque I got was an AIB dividend, before that a Revenue cheque despite the fact that I had provided bank account details. I haven't issued a cheque in many years but you'd be surprised how many still do, I often get them as payment.

Can I lodge cheques in the new branch or do I have stick with the old branch..

I have not been in the door of my branch for at least 20 years, though not TSB.

I have lodged cheques, withdrew larger than ATM amounts of cash and got bank drafts from numerous different branches, all without issue, for the cash and drafts ID would be asked for and I would have to put in a PIN to authorise, but nothing other than A/c number was ever needed to lodge a cheque or cash.

Don’t think you will have a problem.

Anyone who has kids is likely to issue a lot of cheques! Clubs, swimming lessons, music lessons, school charges etc etc. I would use a credit card for all of these if the option was there.

Back