Does Eir truly come with unlimited data?

paddyjnr

I recently signed up for 30 day sim only contract and happy enough with service but now 5 days to go I have reached 100% of the 80GB of the fair usage policy. I still have full download and upload speed.
Just wondering has anyone else been throttled for exceeding it? I Knon virgin are quick off the mark to throttle the second it hits 40GB.

80GB's in 25 days. Wowsers……...

They might be reluctant to be to strict considering they are currently being investigated for calling it 'unlimited' when there are limits...

Easily done - I'm at 7.5 GB in 2.5 days (fixed line broadband is down) using it mostly for work. I have streamed a couple of 1hr episodes but have used nowhere near as much "leisure" download as I normally would. As Sunny said, advertising standards are currently reviewing the use of the term "unlimited" in relation of phone and broadband contracts.

It wouldn't be so much the throttling of it I'd be concerned about, more the charges that may be incurred for exceeding the 'fair useage'.

I didn't think of that so I just checked my account there and there are no extra charges for data used.

Back