Laya Does anything compare to Laya's Flex 500 Explore policy?

trident

Myself and my wife are on the Flex 500 Explore policy (€838 each), and the 3 kids are on the Laya Essential Family Connect policy (total of €250 for the 3).
I picked the Flex 500 Explore as it has a large excess and is thus much cheaper than other equivalent Laya policies. I don't mind taking the risk with the large excess.

Does anyone know of any other policy by any insurer that gives the same coverage as the Flex 500 policy but is cheaper.
Or, for the 3 kids, ages 11, 14, 16, is there an equivalent policy to Essential Family Connect, but cheaper?
Thanks in advance for any replies,
T

trident,

The only plan cheaper than Flex 500 Explore with similar cover is VHI One Plan 500 @ price 715pa.
There is a compromise relating to the hi-tech hospital cover.
VHI plan no Blackrock Clinic or Mater Private cover for cardiac surgery or orthopaedic cover fully covered on Laya plan.
Otherwise all public and private hospitals covered on both plans with a 500 excess to pay for surgery in private hospitals.

[broken link removed]

Child Option
A cheaper child option within the same offer with Laya is as follows;

Laya Essential Health 300; price 234(pay for 1st child and the rest are free) all public, private and Beacon hospital covered.
Private excess 300 x 2 max per year for all admissions, day case excess 125 per day case procedure.

[broken link removed]

Note; children cannot be with Laya on their own, an adult must be covered with Laya on any plan. So if one adult wants to go with the VHI
option, the other must choose a Laya plan.

Regards, Snowyb

Back