Does anyone actually use Bitcoin to pay for things?

If you do not trust each other, you should use an escrow service and release the funds when the job is done.
If you can't find a party that you both trust then business cannot be done.

Or perhaps a contract/receipt with the receiving address on it. The contract proves the address is the merchant, the blockchain proves you made the payment.

Will the other party be listed though with their name, address, company details etc., or will it be just an account?

Just an account that is very difficult if not impossible for your average Joe to tie to an individual. And that's with Bitcoin, more recent cryptos have gone even further to make transactions truely anonymous.

Hi,

Anyone fancy buying their coffee with cryptocurrency on Aungier Street ?

Introducing Dublin's new Crypto Cafe :)

I am dying to see how this works out, because from a practical point of view I think that making payments via cryptocurrency is a little too slow and cumbersome.

Cosgrove Gaynard Solicitors to begin accepting payment in Bitcoin

(it's mentioned about 75% of the way down the article that I have linked to, after commentary on the banks)

So, is this a once off, or the start of various professional firms accepting Bitcoin as a method of payment ?

I can see it drawing a level of suspicion, but I can also see it offering a potential payment method for those who may not have a cheque book, or have money coming in from other parts of the world (so have it transferred by Bitcoin to facilitate fast payments) etc.

Last edited:
Back